How to pass a query to Google Chrome desktop shortcuts

Hi,

I’ve created 3 Google Chrome desktop application shortcuts in this way: https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/3060053?hl=en

It looks like this now:

1010061922_Screenshot2022-10-03at20_24.00(2).thumb.png.0e463bdb984c664bb3bfbbc3a6f592a8.png

I want to create a workflow that will enable me to pass a query — text to be translated — to each 3 applications. The purpose of the workflow is translation of the word in all 3 instances at once, and the purpose of having application shortcuts is more independent management of apps.

What I know is that they are mere URLs, but my problem is that I don’t have a clue how to replace/insert another URL inside it. The (possibly) only API I’ve found is this one: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/extensions/reference/management/#method-createAppShortcut

I would greatly appreciate forum experts help — any ideas?

Edited by Kaske
Adding tags
3 hours ago, Kaske said:

What I know is that they are mere URLs, but my problem is that I don’t have a clue how to replace/insert another URL inside it.

There is a chance you can’t. I can see Google reasoning that away as a potential security risk. Either way, see the top of the page you linked (emphasis mine):

Important: Apps in the Chrome Web Store are only supported on Chromebooks, and won't work after December 2022 on Windows, Mac, or Linux.

There’s a good chance the custom app support will be gone not too long after.

You could try something different with Automation Tasks: there are Tasks to open new browser windows and to change window positions. You could use those to create the three new browser windows with each site.

If that does not fit the usage you’re looking for, where you should ask is the Chromium forums. They’ll be the ones who’ll be able to say is changing the Google Desktop Apps URLs is possible and how. With that knowledge, we can then help you integrate that into Alfred.