Spotlight disabling by itself

I have been having troubles with Alfred not finding apps and I traced it back to spotlight service. For some reason it keeps disabling itself for no reason. I turned it back on this afternoon via terminal and now once again it is disabled and I do not know why. How do I fix this?

Is Spotlight disabling itself during normal operation or after reboot? Using mdutil or disabling mds from launching is the only way I know of to disable Spotlight.

Is Spotlight disabling itself during normal operation or after reboot? Using mdutil or disabling mds from launching is the only way I know of to disable Spotlight.

No its during normal use. I have had my computer on for around 10 hours today studying and it hast turned off twice. But I am not sure if it is tied to sleep, it could be.

Edited by makaveli6103

No its during normal use. I have had my computer on for around 10 hours today studying and it hast turned off twice. But I am not sure if it is tied to sleep, it could be.

It's possible that sleep could be interfering with spotlight (rather unlikely though), do you have your computer sleep on? It's in system preferences > energy saver.

That's strange. If Andrew doesn't find this first, I'll check with him in the morning and see if he has any ideas for this. I don't know how you would track down how it's getting disabled..

That's strange. If Andrew doesn't find this first, I'll check with him in the morning and see if he has any ideas for this. I don't know how you would track down how it's getting disabled..

He *may have disabled it once via Terminal and Spotlight screwed up.