How to exclude certain folders (but not their contents) from search results?

Toffy

Zotero creates randomly named folders in its storage folders. These folders (and similar ones from other apps) regularly mess up my search results. For example, when searching for the folder ~/Documents/3D, it gave me this:

CleanShot-2023-02-09at08_31.08@2x.thumb.png.154ce0c1b3b4c15b54ed6dca93287999.png

I am not sure why these folders always seem to rank high in my searches, but it could be because these folders contain pdf documents that I often search for and my understanding is that Alfred prioritizes paths that are often selected. This is good, but I like to exclude these folders from any search results while not excluding the folders' contents.

I know how I can increase the search scope in Alfred Preferences under Default Results, but how do you reduce the scope? And how do you do it so selectively as I need it?

I have looked at filtered searches, but I couldn't figure it out. It doesn't seem to be possible. Is this so?

You could create a specific file search (i.e., to search only for files rather than folders), creating a File Filter something along the following lines:

Filesearch.thumb.png.c66d5e0f02d37e3d77bb58ba6a54e1cc.png

Just drag into the File Types area samples of the files you wish to find (e.g., .jpg, .docx) and the search will be limited to those file types. So long as you don't drag in a folder the search results will not include the public.folder type.

Stephen