Cannot get the Calculate Anything to work with Alfred

Cannot get the Calculate Anything to work with Alfred. It is created by https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything. I downloaded and saved it to Alfred workflow but it does not work when I open Alfred. It just tries to take the calculation to google or similar. The answers are supposed to come up in Alfred itself. It mention to configure in the Alfred configure window but I don't know what to configure here as the creator does not say.... It is Alfred 5.0.6.  If anyone could suggest how to get this flow working as it can per the above link i would appreciate that, thanks J

Has anybody got any ideas

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 10.56.56.png

This workflow requires PHP, which may not be installed. Follow the resolve dependencies procedure here which should automatically guide you through installing homebrew and php: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/kb/dependencies/

Also, it's worth mentioning for anybody else wanting the Calculate Anything workflow, this workflow is also on the gallery for easier install:

https://alfred.app/workflows/biatidigital/calculate-anything/

Thks Andrew, I will check the easy install out I think. Ps the creator say someway down the link I posted that if apple is Big Sur or later I do not need to Install PHP and homebrew. Is this not the case., cheers Judd

15 minutes ago, judd said:

Ps the creator say someway down the link I posted that if apple is Big Sur or later I do not need to Install PHP and homebrew

The creator says that if you are on Big Sur *or below*... Apple stopped bundling php after Big Sur, which is why you need to install it.

The Resolve Dependencies feature will take care of all of this for you.

@judd That’s not the Homebrew install but the Developer Tools install. That one is completely controlled by macOS. Unfortunately the error message isn’t very helpful in figuring out what went wrong. Probable causes would be a network failure or perhaps disk space (are you low on free storage?). Also, reboot macOS and try again as that solves a ton of issues.

Hi Andrew, I have 156gs's on hard drive. So enough I would have thought. Can you tell me where the end-user homebrew is to download as the link before was to this developer tool. Thanks for the info. I will try the reboot but will need to know where the correct homebrew link is if you could help on that would very much appreciate, cheers Judd

You just need to redo the steps. The Dependencies Manager installs both the Developer Tools and Homebrew (the latter depends on the former), but in sequence so it can ensure everything went right.

As an alternative you can follow the procedure on Homebrew’s page which also does both steps. It installs the Developer Tools with an alternative method. Maybe it provides better feedback.