Alfred pastes last clipboard item on its own

This has been happening more often. I'll be typing something and Alfred will paste the last history item in the middle of a sentence on its own. I'm not pasting anything into the text field, it just does it on its own. What could be causing this and how do I fix this?

It sounds as though it may some sort of hot key conflict. Under Alfred Preferences → Features → Clipboard History:

• On the History tab what do you have set as the Viewer Hotkey?
  • On the Advanced tab under Pasting is Auto-paste on return checked? If so, does it make any difference if it is not checked?

Is there any pattern to what you are typing when the last item is pasted (e.g., a particular pattern of characters)? Do you use any other clipboard utility?

The more information you are able to provide the easier it will be for us to diagnose what is happening.

Stephen

@GatorMapi As well as taking a look at what Stephen suggested, could it be that the paste is triggered by a snippet keyword you've set? Pasting the last history item may be a symptom of the focused app being a non-native slower app, but let's ignore that for now.

Taking a look at what you were typing at the time may help identify either a snippet keyword (from your Features > Snippets collections) or a snippet trigger (from a workflow).

Let us know how you get on. :)