Snippets deleted after setting up sync?

dmac2112

Today I set up snippets for the first time. I have Alfred on two computers (MacBook Pro and iMac).

1. On my main computer, MacBook Pro, I set up one detailed snippet used for my business
  2. After creating, I set up the Alfred sync in the Advanced settings with the intent to sync to my second computer
  3. Sync was setup using a folder in Google Drive
  4. On second computer (iMac), I upgraded to Alfred 5.
  5. After upgrading, I set up the sync and pointed to that source Alfred folder I had previously created.
  6. After restarts, etc. snippets did not appear.
  7. On my first computer, I decided to add a SECOND snippet to try and force a sync (is that a thing?)
  8. My original snippet disappeared. 
  9. I can no longer add snippets on the original computer, they will not save.

Not sure what I am doing wrong!

Welcome to the forum.

I think the first question to ask is this: have you ensured your preferences are available off-line? If you've not already done so, take a look at this part of this Alfred help page: Which sync services can I use? It explains that sync settings must be available locally at all times (even if stored in the Cloud)—and the next section explains how to do that with various services (including Google Drive).

Stephen

13 hours ago, dmac2112 said:

I can no longer add snippets on the original computer, they will not save

When you say your snippets will not save, could you be more specific? Do you see an error message, or do you hit save and the snippet doesn't appear in the collection?

Could you please provide your Diagnostics file from each Mac, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email your diagnostics to our info@ email address and include a link back to this thread, so that I know which conversation it relates to.