Workflow deleted when run.

Jimmy Bosse

This morning I ran my workflow that I've run at the start of every workday for years to launch all the apps I need for work and I received and alert about osascript. Unfortunately I blindly closed the alert.

However now my workflow is missing.

Also I had disabled spotlight and set Command-Space to Alfred and that no longer works.

Also of note is that when I tried to open preferences it beach balled. I had to reboot twice to get Alfred to open preferences again.

I am running Alfred 5.1.3 [2175] on a 16" 2021 MBP with Sonoma 14.0 (23A344)

Edited by Jimmy Bosse

@Jimmy Bosse It sounds like your preferences may no longer be where Alfred expects them to be, which can happen for a few reasons:

• If you used an "app cleaner" on updating Alfred, the preferences may have been removed, so check your trash first
  • If you've recently updated to Sonoma, check whether your sync folder location is still accurate, e.g. Dropbox and other services have moved their data in recent years, so re-set your sync folder if needed

If the issue persists, please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email this to our info@ email address so that I can help you further. :)

13 minutes ago, Vero said:

@Jimmy Bosse It sounds like your preferences may no longer be where Alfred expects them to be, which can happen for a few reasons:

• If you used an "app cleaner" on updating Alfred, the preferences may have been removed, so check your trash first
  • If you've recently updated to Sonoma, check whether your sync folder location is still accurate, e.g. Dropbox and other services have moved their data in recent years, so re-set your sync folder if needed

If the issue persists, please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email this to our info@ email address so that I can help you further. :)

I haven't used an app cleaner ever. I updated to Sonoma about a week and a half ago.

Odd though, I went to check the syncing folder and when I clicked reveal in finder I could see ll the folders and `workflows\...\info.plist` which had my missing workflow in it.

Then I went back to preferences and my workflow had re-appeared.

I am pointing the sync to a folder my iCloud document folder. I think maybe iCloud had removed the local file for some reason and opening it forced a download and everything started working again.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Bosse said:

I am pointing the sync to a folder my iCloud document folder. I think maybe iCloud had removed the local file for some reason and opening it forced a download and everything started working again.

@Jimmy Bosse If you're using iCloud, you'll need to ensure Optimised Storage is disabled. More details on how to do this here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/advanced/sync/#always-offline