Universal Actions with Apple's Universal Clipboard automatic copying

When I have connected another Mac using Continuity on the Mac, the Universal Clipboard function triggers automatically whenever I trigger the Universal Action menu to use an action, it automatically copies the content to the Clipboard and says it is pasting it in the connected Mac. 

Is there a way to prevent that? When the file or folder is big, it takes a while and is annoying to wait.

Here is a video of the issue.

Thanks.

@renecum try quitting Alfred on the second Mac (left one in the video) and seeing if the issue still exists. If it does, you have another app running which is watching the clipboard and consuming the data. Data is only consumed via Universal Clipboard when it's requested, and ticking the Ignore options in Alfred prevent's Alfred from requesting the data for the history.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I wanted to follow up on this Universal Actions feature. Is there a way to avoid copying the finder selection to the clipboard?

I recorded this video capturing the keyboard shortcuts that I press, and I trigger the universal actions by pressing the shortcut command+esc. For some reason it shows like I pressed command+c, but I didn't. Is it an Alfred functionality that does that?

1 hour ago, renecum said:

Is there a way to avoid copying the finder selection to the clipboard?

No, it has to do that because it’s the only reliable way to get the selection from any app. But you can go to Alfred Preferences → Advanced → Selection Hotkeys and change it to Restore previous clipboard item (uses more memory).