You can create and import snippets, but you cannot delete them.

@dhayhfd Could you please let us know where your preferences are stored? E.g. are you syncing your preferences to Dropbox. iCloud, etc? It's possible that macOS is unable to find the Trash for that particular volume/service, resulting in this error.

You can always manually delete it by navigating to the folder where your preferences are stored, right-clicking the Alfred.alfredpreferences and choosing "Show package contents", opening the snippets folder and deleting the collection from there.

Let me know how you get on :)

Specifying Google Drive > My Drive.

When I tried to delete the file directly from Mac Finder, it failed with "Error -43". When I accessed the package from Google Drive in a browser, I was able to see the contents of the package, but I was unable to delete it. .

While offline, I was able to press 'Alfred > Advanced > Set prefences folder...' and select 'Google Drive > My Drive'.

I was able to delete the folder using the 'rm -r' command from the terminal, but the deletion operation still resulted in an error when done using Alfred.

One last idea for the moment…trying rebooting your Mac and see if the problem continues.

Edit: By the way, it is important that you make your Alfred preferences available offline when using something like Dropbox to sync your preferences so you've done the correct thing with that now.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C

On 12/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, dhayhfd said:

When I tried to delete the file directly from Mac Finder, it failed with "Error -43". When I accessed the package from Google Drive in a browser, I was able to see the contents of the package, but I was unable to delete it. .

@dhayhfd If you're unable to manually delete a file in Finder, this demonstrates that the issue is outside of Alfred.

A quick search shows the following:

"The OneDrive error code 43 on Mac can be caused by a file name with special characters. If the file name includes special characters such as brackets, at signs, or apostrophes, OneDrive may not be able to find it. In such a case, you can try looking for such files and updating their names."

Take a deeper look at your Google Drive files and setup, as this is where the issue will be occurring. Once you're able to delete files normally and manually in Google Drive, you should once again be able to delete your snippets via Alfred again :)