Ignore Proton Pass

Hi.

I am wondering if there is a way to set Alfred clipboard history to ignore the Proton Pass browser extension, because every time I copy a password from the extension, it's stored on Alfred history as plain text.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried going to Alfred Preferences → Features → Clipboard History, clicking on the Advanced tab and adding Proton Pass to the list of ignored apps? (I'm assuming there is an app as well as a mere browser extension. If so it may be worth trying that.)

Stephen

4 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried going to Alfred Preferences → Features → Clipboard History, clicking on the Advanced tab and adding Proton Pass to the list of ignored apps? (I'm assuming there is an app as well as a mere browser extension. If so it may be worth trying that.)

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately there is still no native app for Proton Pass.

Is there any way to add browser extensions on "Ignored apps" on Alfred?

Thank you again.

Nikos

@Nikos Alfred will ignore any copied content that is marked as ConcealedType by the source.

First, check your browser plugin's preferences in case you can check a box to tell it to mark its content as Concealed (which is highly relevant for a password plugin).

Next, make a suggestion to the plugin creator if that's not an option, as it would be a sensible thing to add.

In the meantime, you can tell Alfred to ignore content from your browser as a whole, or manually delete entries from the clipboard with Fn + backspace.

2 minutes ago, Vero said:

@Nikos Alfred will ignore any copied content that is marked as ConcealedType by the source.

First, check your browser plugin's preferences in case you can check a box to tell it to mark its content as Concealed (which is highly relevant for a password plugin).

Next, make a suggestion to the plugin creator if that's not an option, as it would be a sensible thing to add.

In the meantime, you can tell Alfred to ignore content from your browser as a whole, or manually delete entries from the clipboard with Fn + backspace.

I'll ask the plugin creators if they can do the "Mark as concealed" thing.

Thank you, @Vero for your suggestions.