Text Expansion to insert date? YY-MM-DD ?

I am currently using OSX Mavericks and use built in text expansion instead of TextExpander or DashExpander. Everything works but OSX does not support automatic insertion of the current date. Is there anyway to achieve this goal to have "@dd" expand into YY-MM-DD?

Thanks.

Currently, you might want to check this out: Create Service to insert Date and Time

It seems the easiest way so far, and you can just assign any hotkey to insert in any app without even opening Alfred.

This doesn't have to be done as an automator service though. This could just be done with a bash script or an applescript that runs from a keyword or a hotkey to insert the date. That's essentially all the link you pointed to does. It runs a script from automator.

I am currently using OSX Mavericks and use built in text expansion instead of TextExpander or DashExpander. Everything works but OSX does not support automatic insertion of the current date. Is there anyway to achieve this goal to have "@dd" expand into YY-MM-DD?

Thanks.

Had a bit of a play with this, and this is the most simple I could come up with (no scripting required):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Insert%20date.alfredworkflow

It pastes in your current OS X locale short date format :)