Spotlight search messed up on Mavericks

Neilio

I know 10.9 is totally beta, but wanted to note anyway that there seems to be issues with Alfred reading the spotlight cache -- I've rebuilt my spotlight cache twice and cleared Alfred's application cache and it's still not finding all of the applications on my hard drive.

Happy to run any tests or troubleshooting required to fix this, if it's worth fixing.

I know 10.9 is totally beta, but wanted to note anyway that there seems to be issues with Alfred reading the spotlight cache -- I've rebuilt my spotlight cache twice and cleared Alfred's application cache and it's still not finding all of the applications on my hard drive.

Happy to run any tests or troubleshooting required to fix this, if it's worth fixing.

I'm going to close this one for now as 10.9 has only just been released and from our (and other) testing, things are working fine. I'll make sure file searching is working flawlessly by the time 10.9 is released if necessary, but at this point, it could just as likely be a 10.9 beta bug

• 4 months later...

I know this is officially closed, but I am running Alfred 2.1(218) and Maverick (10.9 official release) and am experiencing problems with Spotlight and Alfred not indexing entire volumes.

I have a 6.2 Macbook Pro with two internal hard drives (the primary SSD is indexed, but not the secondary HDD). I have rebuilt the the spotlight cache and ran the "manual method" of reindexing volumes multiple times.

I'm sharing to see if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

I know this is officially closed, but I am running Alfred 2.1(218) and Maverick (10.9 official release) and am experiencing problems with Spotlight and Alfred not indexing entire volumes.

I have a 6.2 Macbook Pro with two internal hard drives (the primary SSD is indexed, but not the secondary HDD). I have rebuilt the the spotlight cache and ran the "manual method" of reindexing volumes multiple times.

I'm sharing to see if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

You may have a little corruption in your index which is preventing things from reindexing… try doing a low level reset using this method:

http://skillzdesign.com/blog/clarifies/forcing-spotlight-reindexing-using-terminal/

Cheers,

Andrew

Success. The drive in question is encrypted. The following command seems to have solved my problem :

sudo mdutil -i on /Volumes/NameOfEncryptedDrive

And despite the fact I had Read & Write permissions on the drive, making myself the "Owner" made it work.

Cheers.

Ah very interesting, glad you got this working :)