Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

741 profile views

Neilio's Achievements


Member (4/5)



  1. Hey all, I thought I'd start a thread specifically about getting workflows transitioned to work with M1 machines. I was lucky enough to get an M1 MacBook Air and have been playing around with the Universal Alfred build and my existing workflows. From what I can see (I am a pretend developer) a lot of the command line utilities workflows use need to be recompiled to support the arm64 architecture. I've been poking at a few older ones I use often (such as [url="https://www.packal.org/workflow/switch-4k-monitor-resolutions"]Switch 4K resolution[/url] and haven't been able to get a recompiled copy of the command it uses (resolution-cli) to work – I get segmentation fault errors. Post your experiences and any workarounds or fixes you've uncovered to get workflows to run on Apple silicon.
  2. Not sure when this happened, and if it's a Chrome regression or a Alfred one, but text expansions aren't working for me when I type in text fields. They work in the address bar, so I know they're being triggered, but nothing happens in text fields. Is this a known issue?
  3. This issue seems to be fixed globally (for all apps that use accessibility) in the latest OS beta.
  4. Incidentally, I had the same issue with Textexpander but removing it and letting the app re-request access worked. I've tried this multiple times and even deleted the listing from Accessibility and logged out and back in. Still not working.
  5. Yeah, there seems to be some kind of weird bug or issue with the DP4/PB3 release. I've noticed this issue with other apps that need accessibility access so it's probably a regression of some kind. Not sure how I should file this with Apple but I'll open a radar and see what they say.
  6. I know this is a small thing, but as I see it every time I invoke Alfred it's drive the obsessive part of my brain a little crazy. Would it be possible to add a very slight amount of padding to the left and right sides of the window? Currently it's too close to the left and right edges as compared to the top and bottom. Here's an example of what I mean: http://neil.io/1aCLQ+
  7. I've noticed that Alfred doesn't seem to be seeing new applications that I've copied to the hard drive (running 10.10 DP 4). They appear in Spotlight almost immediately after the copy operation is completed but Alfred hasn't picked up the changes 15 minutes later. Not sure if there's a log or some other info you'd need to help figure this out, but happy to help where I can.
  8. Sadly, this is still broken in the latest version: [ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 0: 11:16:01 workflow.py:921 DEBUG Loading cached data from : /Users/neilio/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/net.deanishe.alfred-packal-search/workflows.cache 11:16:01 workflow.py:921 DEBUG Loading cached data from : /Users/neilio/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data/net.deanishe.alfred-packal-search/workflows.cache 11:16:01 packal.py:138 DEBUG 258 workflows in cache 11:16:01 packal.py:138 DEBUG 258 workflows in cache 11:16:01 packal.py:158 DEBUG 258 workflows found in cache
  9. This seems to be broken - I get a lot of PHP errors when I try to run a search. Some captured below:
  10. Hi all - I wanted to post about an issue I've been seeing for a while that I can't seem to figure out. When I type in Alfred to launch / use a workflow I often seem an issue where workflows aren't match and don't work -- apps and applescripts end up being selected instead. It's easier to show an example: http://neil.io/MjWh Here I'm trying to trigger the "Top Processes" workflow to kill an application. The workflow shows up as I start to type, but when I finish typing the trigger ("kill") it disappears. I've seen this for many other workflows as well, Any ideas?
  11. Running into a problem with this workflow under Mavericks - just typing in "rdio" automatically launches Rdio without me actually selecting anything. If I uninstall the workflow the behaviour stops, so I have to assume its doing some kind of script call that's inadvertently launching the app. Known issue? I know 10.9 is still in beta, but it's the only workflow I've got installed that does this, so I figured it was worth flagging.
  12. I know 10.9 is totally beta, but wanted to note anyway that there seems to be issues with Alfred reading the spotlight cache -- I've rebuilt my spotlight cache twice and cleared Alfred's application cache and it's still not finding all of the applications on my hard drive. Happy to run any tests or troubleshooting required to fix this, if it's worth fixing.
  13. An abbreviation / workflow keyword. So for example I have Alfred trained to launch Safari when I enter "s", but for some reason at some random point Alfred will stop listing Safari as the top result for "s" and will start listing System Preferences instead (as an example). I'm not sure how Alfred remembers keyword training but this weird amnesia issue is something I see fairly often.
  • Create New...