Problem display all CTL languages

raguay.customct

Hi,

I use the Thai language everyday. I really make a lot of use of the translate workflow. But, tone marks that are above a vowel only get displayed halfway. The link is to a screen shot of me using the translate workflow with the thai word for holding your breath. The word underlined has a done mark that is only partially shown. I have change fonts sizes, but nothing seems to help. I would think that it would be proper to automatically detect CTL languages and adjust the font size, but not the display size, to accommodate it. If I can be any help in this, just let me know.

Richard

Hi,

I use the Thai language everyday. I really make a lot of use of the translate workflow. But, tone marks that are above a vowel only get displayed halfway. The link is to a screen shot of me using the translate workflow with the thai word for holding your breath. The word underlined has a done mark that is only partially shown. I have change fonts sizes, but nothing seems to help. I would think that it would be proper to automatically detect CTL languages and adjust the font size, but not the display size, to accommodate it. If I can be any help in this, just let me know.

Richard

Could you paste in the word you have in the screenshot so I can paste that into Alfred, that'll make it easier for me to reproduce this here, cheers! :)

Could you paste in the word you have in the screenshot so I can paste that into Alfred, that'll make it easier for me to reproduce this here, cheers! :)

Here it is: กลั้น  Even in this post the tone mark gets cut off some. I have sent similar requests to Chrome and Firefox. But, most do not seem interested in getting it fixed.

Here it is: กลั้น  Even in this post the tone mark gets cut off some. I have sent similar requests to Chrome and Firefox. But, most do not seem interested in getting it fixed.

Hmm, unfortunately, this appears to be an OS X text rendering issue - you see it in all OS X software, even Apple's own TextEdit. You'll need to raise this directly with Apple, as Alfred (and the other software you mention) are using OS X's text rendering system and won't be able to change this behaviour.