How to re-trigger hotkey in applescript?

Hi there,

I've using workflow to supply some specified purpose in some applications via hotkey, for example:

Hotkey (cmd+g) -> run osascript:

If the frontmost app is not Evernote then

error -127

else

get the source url of the selected note

tell safari to open the url

end if

Now my question is, because alfred will overwrite the hotkeys, in some other applications which also use the cmd+g, will not trigger the corresponded events. Hence, I need some scripts to replace the "error -127" to re-trigger "cmd+g" again.

I've used

tell application "System Events" to key code 5 using {command down}

or

tell application "System Events" to keystroke "g" using command down

But they are not working, and my front most application will become very slow :\ It seems System Event will execute for almost half minutes, which is unreasonable in my opinion.

Am I miss something? 

Thank you!

Hi there,

I've using workflow to supply some specified purpose in some applications via hotkey, for example:

error -127

else

end if

Now my question is, because alfred will overwrite the hotkeys, in some other applications which also use the cmd+g, will not trigger the corresponded events. Hence, I need some scripts to replace the "error -127" to re-trigger "cmd+g" again.

I've used

or

But they are not working, and my front most application will become very slow :\ It seems System Event will execute for almost half minutes, which is unreasonable in my opinion.

Am I miss something? 

Thank you!

I believe you have to do...

tell application "System Events"
  tell process "Evernote" to keystroke "g" using command down
end tell

Thank you David Ferguson. I know what causes my problem now, after tracing some logs.

My misunderstood is the keystroke is actually success, however, every key strokes -- even tell process to keystroke -- are still go back to Alfred. And it causes an infinite loop with many key strokes, which cause my entire OS slowing down :(

Before an application-specified howkey of alfred is supported, I will use the menubar to call the desired function for some specified applications. It's still not a universal and great solution because various applications will not put the items with same hotkey in the same menubar position. But it's still better than solwing down the system :P

Thank you.

Hi there,

error -127

else

end if

I've used

or

Am I miss something? 

Thank you!

You might be interested in this feature request. It describes 'scoped' workflows, that are only activated when certain apps are frontmost.

Cheers :)

Edited by Tyler Eich