Ruby: example workflows written with Alfredo library

Hi,

I want to write a little Workflow with Ruby. But i have a little bit trouble to do so. I use the Alfredo Library. Unfortunately until now i was not able to find some example workflows codes with the Alfredo library. Do somebody know such workflows?

Why are you using that library? It would be more helpful if you described what you’re trying to accomplish (maybe you won’t need the library at all), or why you feel the need to use it.

Vitor: I don't believe that the answer is for him to just not use Alfredo. Alfredo is just a basic library for generating the xml output needed for script filter workflows. I'm assuming he knows Ruby and is just looking for usage examples for Alfredo.

Riotbit: Alfredo was developed by Dennis Paagman. You can find his Github repo here that has a basic example of what to do with it. 

Vitor: I don't believe that the answer is for him to just not use Alfredo. Alfredo is just a basic library for generating the xml output needed for script filter workflows. I'm assuming he knows Ruby and is just looking for usage examples for Alfredo.

I never claimed not using the library would be the solution, what I did question was if it was needed at all. He (she?) is trying to build a workflow (stated on the post), and looking for alfredo examples to do that, but it’s never said why that library was chosen — is it because it is already known that it can solve the problem, or is it irrelevant if it’s used or not, as long as the workflow works? It seems like a typical XY problem, maybe there’s an easier and more straightforward way of accomplishing the desired goal.

It wouldn’t be the first time (not the last, either) that someone tries to use a library without understanding the ramifications. Bash Workflow Handler is also great to use, but if you only need to show a few results, its simplicity is trumped by its slowness. I’m trying to better understand the problem, so as to give a more relevant answer.