Keys remapped via keyremap4macbook doesn't work

kozikow

I have esc and backspace keys remapped to different places that more support touch typing. 

Here are some more details: https://kozikow.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/solving-the-right-pinky-problem-for-touch-typing-programmers/ .

Strangely remapped backspace and escape doesn't work if I try to exit alfred window with it. On every other application on earth they work fine.

They only doesn't work if currently suggested option is not google search (for example some app)

There is nothing reported in Console.app from either Keyremap4macbook or from alfred.

It's not that big of a problem and my configuration is very niche, so nothing bad would happen if it would stay the way it is.

Since I am emacs user I remapped enter to ctrl if it pressed with something else, but to enter if it is pressed alone. In every app besides alfred it works.

Say I want to open Finder and after pressing enter I get following window instead of opening the app:

X3UC47l.png

I posted related bug report to keyremap4macbook:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/keyremap4macbook/b1j7hjciTvU

Please at least give mi some directions how could I fix or troubleshoot it myself. I can't find any logs of alfred and sadly I can't debug it by myself from sources :(.

Eventviewer app shows all these key presses just as ordinary presses of enter,esc or backspace:

l0UodlY.png

Edited by kozikow

For your initial issue, one thing which could help is turning off ctrl to bring up the actions panel in Alfred's Features > File Search > Navigation.

As for remapping enter in a certain scenario, I'm not sure how this will work with Alfred as he treats your keypresses instantly and verbosely i.e. if you press enter, he will have already dealt with this before you press a second key so he will be treating it as (your remapped) ctrl key. Alfred works on key down instead of key up for perceptual performance, so I'm not sure your remapping of enter -> ctrl will ever be compatible with Alfred.

Disabling ctrl as show actions solved my issues, thank you a lot :). I would by alfred premium pack again if I could :).

I don't have enter remapped to ctrl per se. It's still enter if not pressed with anything else. But if pressed with any other button it becomes ctrl. This is to work around lack of right ctrl key on mbp.

Thank you again for help.

Disabling ctrl as show actions solved my issues, thank you a lot :). I would by alfred premium pack again if I could :).

I don't have enter remapped to ctrl per se. It's still enter if not pressed with anything else. But if pressed with any other button it becomes ctrl. This is to work around lack of right ctrl key on mbp.

Thank you again for help.

Excellent, glad that sorted your issue out :)