(another?) Workflow for Pinboard

Done. Solves the Packal Update Issue. Thanks!

Still no luck with the Chrome/Firefox hassle...

Though I made an observation, when setting the default browser, thst I get the following notifications for the different browser options:

"Changed default browser to Default browser: safariSafari"

"Changed default browser to Default browser: chromiumChromium"

"Changed default browser to Default browser: firefoxFirefox"

"Changed default browser to Chrome"

The notification for Chrome is the odd one out, even though it has the most reasonable text.

Maybe this is a lead as to why I'm having issues with Chrome?

Additionally, when trying to run the workflow from Safari set as the default browser, it still forces Firefox to open.

UPDATE: Even more troubleshooting.

After I removed Firefox completely from my system, and then tried to run the workflow, I get a dialogue window asking me where to find Firefox.app. If I dismiss the window, the notification does read "Successfully posted %v exit status 1 exit status 1". The bookmark is then NOT posted to Pinboard.

I have the same issue with firefox. Default is set to Chrome...

Edited by ired

@listboss: the option to set the browser which will be used to grab the URL isn't needed anymore since the URL gets grabbed from frontmost browser now?

@all having problems with auto-starting browsers: could you please have a look if the file get-current-url.applescript is present in your workflow's directory or not ? (in alfred -> workflows -> right-click on pinboard workflow -> reveal in finder).

could you please have a look if the file get-current-url.applescript is present in your workflow's directory or not ?

Yes, that file is present. But there are two similar files, one is the aforementioned "get-current-url.applescript", the other is "get-current-url.scpt".

I barely know my way around AppleScript, but I quickly scanned over both files and found following passage in the latter one. Seems wrong?

else if theApplication is "Chromium.app" and appIsRunning("Chromium") then
    tell application "Firefox.app"
        set theURL to «class URL » of «class acTa» of first window
        set theText to name of «class acTa» of first window
end tell
Edited by eightohnine

I tried to get the new files to work, but probably I just don't know my way around github well enough to make it run correctly.

Isn't it just a matter of downloading your three changed files and replacing the old ones in the workflow folder?

Edited by eightohnine
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Awesome workflow. One feature that would help in better snappiness is - not to auto update every time after posting the bookmark. Two things that could be better are:

1. When posting a bookmark, just update the posted bookmark into the cache - without going and fetching from pinboard

2. Or update the cache only once per day

Thanks

Joe

• 5 months later...

Open 

/Users/_USER_/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/cc.hamid.gopinboard/settings.plist

Replace

<key>update_time</key><string>2015-10-03T22:44:35.503376591+02:00</string>

by

<key>update_time</key><string></string>

(reset last update time so to speak)

Then just update Pinboard's cache using Alfred. That should do the trick.

Open 

/Users/_USER_/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/cc.hamid.gopinboard/settings.plist

Replace

<key>update_time</key><string>2015-10-03T22:44:35.503376591+02:00</string>

by

<key>update_time</key><string></string>

(reset last update time so to speak)

Then just update Pinboard's cache using Alfred. That should do the trick.

Awesome! This worked. Thanks.

Thanks grush-it

For anyone else experiencing the same issue, you can either follow the suggested fix above or just add/modify a bookmark on Pinboard's website directly and then use Alfred to update the cache by issuing the 

pu

command in Alfred's window

This is really nice. I think I'm going to switch to it because it allows adding to pinboard. I think I can pretty much replace spillo with this. I only really need to be able to search and add. Don't need the resource overhead of spillo for those basic things. 

• 1 year later...

Hey, just tried this workflow out with the Alfred 4 version, although having an issue. Basically after typing in a few letters into Alfred (not even necessarily the keywords for this workflow) I'll hear the Apple "dunk" noise and the Alfred search bar will disappear.