File selection hotkey

mrxx

Hi

I have just started with Alfred2 and Powerpack, as I'm particularly interessted in the File actions to quickly move files.

The default hotkey for using the currently selected file in Alfred is ALT + CMD + \ (Backslash)

Silly question: How do I input this on my keyboard, as the backslash itsself already requires SHIFT + ALT + 7 ...

Thank you for your advice!

Regards

mrxx

Hi

I have just started with Alfred2 and Powerpack, as I'm particularly interessted in the File actions to quickly move files.

The default hotkey for using the currently selected file in Alfred is ALT + CMD + \ (Backslash)

Silly question: How do I input this on my keyboard, as the backslash itsself already requires SHIFT + ALT + 7 ...

Thank you for your advice!

Regards

mrxx

Backslash is found above the return key. Shift + Alt + 7 is this character: ‡.

Above the return key there's the backspace key. Shift + Alt + 7 is the backslash \.

I have a Macbook Pro keyboard...

If you're on a non-English keyboard, you may want to change the hotkey to something easier for you. You'll find the hotkey in the preferences under Features > File Search > Actions, at the bottom of the panel. Swap it for anything that suits you and doesn't clash with your existing hotkeys :)