I'm ready to give up an Alfred 2

drjfisher

Afred  is my favorite App to supplement the Mac OS.  I love it.  I regularly impress others on how fast I can locate files during Skype or GoToMeeting calls.  Alfred rocks. 

I switched to Alfred 2 and is was equally great until a few months ago.  It is not responsive.  It is Slow.  I reloaded Alfred 1 and it is lighting fast on searches.  

Please help be back to Alfred 2.  I'm running a iMac (2.93 GHz i7, 16 GB or memory, and 400 GB of free storage).

HOW CAN I MAKE ALFRED 2.0 faster. Alfred 1 is instantaneous.

Afred  is my favorite App to supplement the Mac OS.  I love it.  I regularly impress others on how fast I can locate files during Skype or GoToMeeting calls.  Alfred rocks. 

I switched to Alfred 2 and is was equally great until a few months ago.  It is not responsive.  It is Slow.  I reloaded Alfred 1 and it is lighting fast on searches.  

Please help be back to Alfred 2.  I'm running a iMac (2.93 GHz i7, 16 GB or memory, and 400 GB of free storage).

Are there any additional drives or anything that have been added to Alfred's default search scope that could potentially be slowing things down (e.g. external hard drive)? Alfred returns results as fast as he gets them back from the internal OS X metadata server. It may be worth trying a reindex and clearing out Alfred's app cache. These options are available in Alfred's Advanced preferences. Reindex first, then clear the app cache. Let us know if the problem persists after these actions so that we can assist you in tracking down the issue and solving it.

Thanks

Alfred 2 should be consistently faster than Alfred 1.

After reindexing as suggested by David, I suggest deleting Alfred 2 and re-downloading from scratch from http://alfredapp.com (to rule out any corruption in the app itself), then before launching, resetting Alfred's preferences using this guide:

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:reset-alfred

Once reset, start Alfred 2 back up and after a short time of re-populating the cache, he should be lightening fast.

Cheers,

Andrew