Icon naming when dropped in a e.g. File Action

Maybe I’m being too, way too picky but I kind of don’t like when Alfred rename the icons I drop in a e.g. File Action. I ended up with a folder like this:

alficonname.png

Not only the names don’t represent the icons themselves but the workflow ended up with duplicates (or even more).

Please, consider make Alfred accept the original name of the icon and if it already exists then use the one that is already there.

I hope is not the icon that creates the ID for the entire workflow element. :)

Maybe I’m being too, way too picky but I kind of don’t like when Alfred rename the icons I drop in a e.g. File Action. I ended up with a folder like this:

alficonname.png

Not only the names don’t represent the icons themselves but the workflow ended up with duplicates (or even more).

Please, consider make Alfred accept the original name of the icon and if it already exists then use the one that is already there.

I hope is not the icon that creates the ID for the entire workflow element. :)

Looks like when you drop one it's just copying the file into the folder and naming it with a uuid to prevent a clash. This may be desired in some cases. To maintain the original icon name, Alfred would probably need to prompt to see if the user is sure that they want to overwrite. Obviously, I don't make the call on features, just throwing in my 2 cents on what's going on.

Looks like when you drop one it's just copying the file into the folder and naming it with a uuid to prevent a clash. This may be desired in some cases. To maintain the original icon name, Alfred would probably need to prompt to see if the user is sure that they want to overwrite. Obviously, I don't make the call on features, just throwing in my 2 cents on what's going on.

I like to see a cleaner folder but, as I said, it’s me being picky. :)

Maybe Andrew find sometime someday to take care of it though I understand it is not that important.

• 2 weeks later...

This is something I'd like to see, too. The filenames are arbitrary and entirely meaningless.

My suggested solution would be for relevant entries in info.plist to also have a value for icon (instead of it having to be the same as the UUID). That way, developers could edit info.plist by hand and add icon paths. What's more, if the icon dropped on the edit screen is already in the workflow's directory, it should not be renamed.

The only problem—as I see it—is that Alfred also resizes the icons it creates, and using "originals" would impact performance a bit.

Edited by deanishe