Tyler Eich

Blur — Set Alfred's background blur radius

This is a very simple workflow that displays and sets Alfred's background blur radius. Obviously, you'll only see its effects when running a version of Alfred that supports the background blur (namely, Alfred 2.0+ on OS X 10.6 through 10.8, Alfred 2.3+ on OS X 10.9).

Enjoy! :)

Download from Packal

Edited by Tyler Eich

Hi Tyler, version 1.1 is working well for me, except that "Blur is set to" doesn't update when I change the blur radius. Instead, it always says "Blur is set to 0 of 15". The actual blur radius does change.

Edited by paulw

Hi Tyler, version 1.1 is working well for me, except that "Blur is set to" doesn't update when I change the blur radius. Instead, it always says "Blur is set to 0 of 15". The actual blur radius does change.

Thanks for the notice! Try downloading again; I've updated the workflow to v1.1.1 to fix this issue :)

Tyler,

This helpful little guy broken in v2.4:277. Now you can set the blur under Appearance->Options, and the problem is that, at least when syncing is set to true, the preference is stored in a different plist, namely:

/path/to/sync/folder/Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/local/[HASH]/appearance/options/prefs.plist

The workflow could easily be fixed by checking to see if the new environmental variables (+=2.4:277) are set, and, if so, constructing the path from those to set it in the correct plist.

Tyler,

This helpful little guy broken in v2.4:277. Now you can set the blur under Appearance->Options, and the problem is that, at least when syncing is set to true, the preference is stored in a different plist, namely:

/path/to/sync/folder/Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/local/[HASH]/appearance/options/prefs.plist
The workflow could easily be fixed by checking to see if the new environmental variables (+=2.4:277) are set, and, if so, constructing the path from those to set it in the correct plist.

I'm undecided about maintaining this workflow. Since v2.4 added a slider for blur, the functionality here is no longer needed. If Alfred has an official way of implementing a feature, I don't like to hack his internal preferences myself.