Alfred/1password failing to enter login information

Pretty new to Alfred so this could be an easy fix but I am missing it.  when using Alfred/1password combo of "1p" it fails to enter my creds when the browser is opened for the first time.  If I have a browser already open it seems to work fine, but the first time is appears to not even attempt to enter my login or password.  happens in chrome and firefox, with current version of everything including the plugins on the browsers.

thanks

Pretty new to Alfred so this could be an easy fix but I am missing it.  when using Alfred/1password combo of "1p" it fails to enter my creds when the browser is opened for the first time.  If I have a browser already open it seems to work fine, but the first time is appears to not even attempt to enter my login or password.  happens in chrome and firefox, with current version of everything including the plugins on the browsers.

thanks

Hi Pete,

Could you please enter your registered email address in your forum profile? I'll then be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue you're having with this Powerpack feature :)

Cheers,

Vero

I have done that, it appears to work in Safari but I am not a fan

thanks

If 1Pwd is working in Safari but not Chrome, this may be an issue with the 1Password plugin in chrome. Alfred uses 1Password's 1Click Bookmark mechanism... could you try to see if a 1Click Bookmark is working in Chrome?

The plugin works, but I think that is because chrome is already running in order to get to the plugin.  The trouble seems to be associated with first use of the day, when the browser is closed.  Same issue with chrome and firefox, but safari seems fine.

Ok for the most part I think I have narrowed this down to the first usage of the browsers.  Running the command "1p somesite" twice seems to always work.  The first time it does not, It launchs the site but enters no information.  Using 1password directly seems to work fine as does everything once the browser is open.  I have tried every setting, in every combination with no luck in changing anything.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything as well.

thanks!

Ok for the most part I think I have narrowed this down to the first usage of the browsers.  Running the command "1p somesite" twice seems to always work.  The first time it does not, It launchs the site but enters no information.  Using 1password directly seems to work fine as does everything once the browser is open.  I have tried every setting, in every combination with no luck in changing anything.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything as well.

thanks!

Alfred doesn't do anything magical to make the 1Password 1Click bookmarks launch; it simply tells OS X to open the URL, in the same way it would if you clicked on a link somewhere else.

If you've already uninstalled and reinstalled your browsers/plugins, it may be worth dropping 1Password's (very helpful) support team a line to troubleshoot this. :)

I am not sure it is a 1password issue, only because when I launch a site from the key in the menu bar it works just fine. The failure occurs only when launched through Alfred if the browser is not already open. 

thanks for the help

• 4 months later...

thanks!

I am having the same issue with the first usage. If I type "1p somesite" it opens somesite but doesn't enter credentials. If i then immediately repeat the alfred command, it launches somesite and logs me in. thanks.

I am having the same issue with the first usage. If I type "1p somesite" it opens somesite but doesn't enter credentials. If i then immediately repeat the alfred command, it launches somesite and logs me in. thanks.

As the 1Password feature is a Powerpack feature, could you please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile? Let me know once you've done this and we'll be happy to help you out :)

I'm seeing exactly the same issue here.

• 1 year later...

I am back in the mac world and I am having the same issue, was there a fix?

thanks

Please make sure that you're using the very latest version of Alfred, 1Password and 1Password's browser plugins.

If you're still having issues, could you please give more details as to whether Alfred presents your bookmarks when you type "1p" followed by the name of your bookmark, and at what stage you're having issues?

As you can see from the level of activity in this thread, it isn't a widespread issue, and is most likely due to one of the above being a little out-of-date on your Mac, so if you provide more details, I'll be happy to help you out :)

Cheers,

Vero

Alfred 2.8.2

1p 6.0.1

it happens in chrome and firefox when the browser is previously closed.  selecting a 1p option in alfred launches the browser but fails to enter the creds.  If the browser is already open, it has now issue.

[Assuming you meant to say "if the browser is already open, it has no issue" rather than now]

If it works correctly when the browser is already launched, but fails when the browser hasn't launched yet, the issue very likely lies in the fact that the 1Password plugin for your browser hasn't loaded in Chrome or Firefox yet, so the plugin isn't available yet to fill in the credentials quickly enough.

I would suggest dropping the friendly 1Password team an email to their support address, as I'm sure they'll have a suggestion on how to deal with this :)

Cheers,

Vero