Mini-player not finding Isaac Delusion

MuppetGate

Actually, it probably won't find a couple of other artists for the same reason.

Even after checking the location of the library and a couple of CMD+R resets, the mini player refused to see this artist, but I can find his track by name.

There are two artist fields in the track meta date:

Artist

Album Artist

Although the Artist field is set to Isaac Delusion, the Album Artist field is set to 'Various Artists'. When I change that field to 'Isaac Delusion', the Mini-player can now see the artist.

Not quite sure what's going on here, but I suspect that Alfred only looks for the artist name in Album Artist field.

Anyway, I think Alfred should index on both fields.

Actually, it probably won't find a couple of other artists for the same reason.

Even after checking the location of the library and a couple of CMD+R resets, the mini player refused to see this artist, but I can find his track by name.

There are two artist fields in the track meta date:

Artist

Album Artist

Although the Artist field is set to Isaac Delusion, the Album Artist field is set to 'Various Artists'. When I change that field to 'Isaac Delusion', the Mini-player can now see the artist.

Not quite sure what's going on here, but I suspect that Alfred only looks for the artist name in Album Artist field.

Anyway, I think Alfred should index on both fields.

This is actually by design as it helps normalise albums. For example, if you had an album from Eminem, Alfred chooses to prioritise this over a specific track on the album whose artist may be set as "Eminem ft. Dido".

In your case, if the Artist field is set to "Isaac Delusion", Alfred would find this if the "Various Artists" field was empty. There is no benefit of having "Various Artists" in that particular field in your iTunes data, so if you clear out the Album Artist field from "Various Artist", Alfred will correctly find the artist "Isaac Delusion".

Cheers.

Andrew

[moving to closed]