Spotlight / applications not updated 2.4b174

Neilio

I've noticed that Alfred doesn't seem to be seeing new applications that I've copied to the hard drive (running 10.10 DP 4). They appear in Spotlight almost immediately after the copy operation is completed but Alfred hasn't picked up the changes 15 minutes later.

Not sure if there's a log or some other info you'd need to help figure this out, but happy to help where I can.

I've noticed that Alfred doesn't seem to be seeing new applications that I've copied to the hard drive (running 10.10 DP 4). They appear in Spotlight almost immediately after the copy operation is completed but Alfred hasn't picked up the changes 15 minutes later.

Not sure if there's a log or some other info you'd need to help figure this out, but happy to help where I can.

I've just tested this on Yosemite DP4 and the app was found by both Spotlight and Alfred instantly. It could be a metadata issue on your Mac, so try doing a full rebuild, allowing enough time for it to complete.

I'm moving this to Closed, but we'll keep an eye out in case anyone else reports anything like this during the Yosemite previews. :)