error opening multiple urls simultaneously

mnisbet

I have a simple workflow to open 8 urls in the browser. Until recently this worked fine, and would open 8 tabs with each of the urls. Now it only ever opens 5 or 6 and displays multiple copies of the error "you can't open the application 'chrome' because it is not responding" for the missing tabs. I thought this may be a chrome issue so changed my default to browser to safari, but encounter the same problem.

I'm using Alfred v 2.5.1 (308)

Operating System is Yosemite 10.10.1

Any help appreciated. As I say, until now it has been a great time saver.

Edited by mnisbet

I have a simple workflow to open 8 urls in the browser. Until recently this worked fine, and would open 8 tabs with each of the urls. Now it only ever opens 5 or 6 and displays multiple copies of the error "you can't open the application 'chrome' because it is not responding" for the missing tabs. I thought this may be a chrome issue so changed my default to browser to safari, but encounter the same problem.

I'm using Alfred v 2.5.1 (308)

Operating System is Yosemite 10.10.1

Any help appreciated. As I say, until now it has been a great time saver.

I've reported this issue to Apple... this is discussed here (with workaround)

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/4950-workflow-cant-open-more-than-4-urls-simultaneously-reported-to-apple/

Great thanks. Is there a away to pass a {query} into the url using this method as the urls I have are running a search for a common keyword?

Yep absolutely... if you edit the keyword object and tick "with space" and select "Argument Required"... then edit the URL list in the script action and setup the URLs with the {query}.

If you want the query to show like it does with web searches, you can edit the keyword subtext to include {query} too e.g. Search for {query}.

Let me know if you need any help with this :)

Cheers,

Andrew