Interaction with RStudio on OS X

WilDoane

What you were doing when the issue happened

• Typing in the RStudio for OS X script editor panel
  • Select text
  • Press COMMAND-C to copy or COMMAND-X to cut
  • 2-3 out of 4 times the selected text APPENDS to the clipboard rather than replacing it, as if one had used Alfred's COMMAND-C COMMAND-C double tap.

Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

Happens 100% of the time. Have had to add RStudio to the ignore apps list for the clipboard feature to be able to use Rstudio reliably --- but that means I can't use my favorite utility with my most frequently used app.

Include the Alfred version & build number you are using

v2.5.1 (308)

Include your OS X version

10.10.1 (14b25)

What you were doing when the issue happened

• Typing in the RStudio for OS X script editor panel
  • Select text
  • Press COMMAND-C to copy or COMMAND-X to cut
  • 2-3 out of 4 times the selected text APPENDS to the clipboard rather than replacing it, as if one had used Alfred's COMMAND-C COMMAND-C double tap.

Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

Happens 100% of the time. Have had to add RStudio to the ignore apps list for the clipboard feature to be able to use Rstudio reliably --- but that means I can't use my favorite utility with my most frequently used app.

Include the Alfred version & build number you are using

v2.5.1 (308)

Include your OS X version

10.10.1 (14b25)

Do you have any other apps which interact with the keyboard installed such as PopClip?

No; no other keyboard-related apps.

Note that this issue only occurs (for me) with RStudio -- Alfred's clipboard features have and continue to work as expected with all other apps I use.

Also, the problem only occurs when using the COMMAND-C keyboard shortcut; the Edit > Copy menu item works as expected.

I suspect it may have something to do with RStudio's use of QT to provide the text editor; perhaps they're capturing the keypress, then generating a second keypress event to pass through to their UI.

No; no other keyboard-related apps.

Note that this issue only occurs (for me) with RStudio -- Alfred's clipboard features have and continue to work as expected with all other apps I use.

Also, the problem only occurs when using the COMMAND-C keyboard shortcut; the Edit > Copy menu item works as expected.

I suspect it may have something to do with RStudio's use of QT to provide the text editor; perhaps they're capturing the keypress, then generating a second keypress event to pass through to their UI.

That sounds like a likely scenario... Alfred is watching the clipboard counter for the clipboard merging. If you aren't using Alfred's clipboard merge feature, you could always disable this in Alfred's Clipboard prefs?

That sounds like a likely scenario... Alfred is watching the clipboard counter for the clipboard merging. If you aren't using Alfred's clipboard merge feature, you could always disable this in Alfred's Clipboard prefs?

I personally disabled the merge long ago. Since I'm a developer I use cross-platform Java apps, editors, etc. and it was just too flaky for me.