Browse specified folder in Alfred triggered by keyword

Hi, 

I’d like to do the following in a workflow.

– open alfred, use a keyword as a trigger

– the trigger should open a specific folder (indexed network folder) in "search" or "browse in alfred" mode

– hitting a result reveals the folder/file in Finder

– optimum would be: folder/file actions

Can this be done somehow?

I know there are similar default workflows but they are triggered by hotkey or do something slightly different.

thanks,

Paul

If I'm understanding correctly, yes it COULD be done.

Using a keyword input, make that run execute a "Run AppleScript" action that would: tell application "Alfred 2" to search "<enter your path here>".

That would kick Alfred back into browse mode of that folder. From there you could use the file/folder actions to open, reveal in Finder, etc.

Does that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Using a keyword input, make that run execute a "Run AppleScript" action that would: tell application "Alfred 2" to search "<enter your path here>".

That would kick Alfred back into browse mode of that folder. From there you could use the file/folder actions to open, reveal in Finder, etc.

Does that makes sense?

Yes, it does what it should. Wouhld be great if this could be a standard functionality in Alfred.

Thanks!

Yes, it does what it should. Wouhld be great if this could be a standard functionality in Alfred.

Thanks!

Well I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to make it into Alfred 2.0, but there is always the chance that things like this could be added in the future. For now though, this is the best solution.

Does that makes sense?

Thanks, this is something I've been wanting to do a Drobo that isn't in the 'normal' Alfred index  :D