"weather for" brought me to completely the wrong place

ryubyss

I entered in "Cambridge", "Cambridge, MA" and "Cambridge MA" and each time got Pinto Martins International (I think that means international airport) in Brazil. consistency, at least! 

Hi there,

Could you specify whether you're entering this in the default "weather" web search, into a custom search you've created/imported or into a workflow?

I've just tried the default "weather" keyword (which then sends you to the wunderground.com website) and typing "Cambridge" sends me to a disambiguation page where I need to pick a specific Cambridge (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=cambridge), and "Cambridge MA" gave me the one you're looking for.

Any more details would be helpful :)

Cheers,

Vero

to answer your question, yes, I used the default site. I found that when I enter "weather for Cambridge, MA" that I get the site I linked to above but if I type in "weather Cambridge, MA" that I get to the right place.

This will be down to the way the wunderground website parses your query, rather than Alfred's, as he simply passes the text you've entered to the website to handle as it wishes.

A suggestion, if you're almost always looking for your home weather forecast, you could create a custom search that specifically goes to Cambridge, MA with a keyword of your choice, so that you can pop it up with just a few characters :)

To do this, create a custom search with no query, using this URL (http://www.wunderground.com/US/MA/Cambridge.html) and a short keyword like "camweather" 

I'll move this out of bug reports now. 

Cheers,

Vero