Changing hotkey to open Alfred

jillann

Hi, I chose to open Alfred with Command A but it cancelled my ability to use that command for Selectal All in my documents - which a Need! I cannot seem to change that original hotkey to somethin else and can find no mention of it in your forums, cheat sheets etc. Thanks for any help or fix!

J

Hi, I chose to open Alfred with Command A but it cancelled my ability to use that command for Selectal All in my documents - which a Need! I cannot seem to change that original hotkey to somethin else and can find no mention of it in your forums, cheat sheets etc. Thanks for any help or fix!

J

Hi Jillian,

To change your Alfred hotkey, pop up Alfred by clicking on the bowler hat in your menu bar and choose Preferences.

In the General preferences tab, click in the hotkey box and set another hotkey. It's recommended to choose a hotkey that isn't used for something as common as Cmd + A, which is universally used for "Select All" on Mac. If you'd like to use Cmd + Space, which is a popular combination, take a look at this page:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Vero

Thanks to you both for answering. It is nice to know that the forum is here!

I discovered that, for some reason, my attached keyboard did not work in that field, but I just used the keyboard on my laptop (the computer I use all the time) and I was able to change the hotkey! Sheesh!

Jill