Jump to content

dansherman

Member
  • Content Count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  1. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or by design. But it feels buggy to me, so I thought I'd post it here. In the "Advanced" tab I set `cmd + return` to "Search with Spotlight". This works as expected in a vanilla Alfred query, but if I do a file search it changes from "Search with Spotlight" to "Find similar files". I'd expect it to perform a spotlight search with my query instead of showing me related files. Latest Alfred 2.0.7(205), OSX 10.8.4
  2. I updated add.scpt to work with any track in iTunes (in my library anyway — including iTunes Match tracks located in iCloud). on run argv set sArgv to argv as text tell application "iTunes" set myList to sArgv set current_track to the current track set sTrack to name of current_track set sArtist to artist of current_track --check if in playlist set sListTracks to name of tracks of playlist myList as list if sListTracks contains sTrack then return "\"" & sTrack & "\"" & " is already in " & "\"" & myList & "\"" else set currentList to playlist myList duplicate current_track to currentList return "\"" & sTrack & "\"" & " added to " & "\"" & myList & "\"" end if end tell end run
  3. Well, that pretty much takes care of my suggestion. Thanks.
  4. I've done that, and it works ok, but I think it'd be even better if Alfred could replace the existing text directly. Especially without involving the clipboard or defining a new hotkey.
  5. I'd love to be able to select some text, pull up Alfred, type a keyword, and run a script to manipulate the selected text. A lot of this can be done through text services, but it'd be great to do it straight through Alfred. I suppose another way to do this would be to call the separate service from within Alfred. Either way, it would be nice to return some manipulated text.
  6. All set. I added a line to replace 'https' with 'http'. The link in the first post has the updated version.
  7. I updated the link in the original post, it shouldn't expire now.
  8. > The code you provided does not work in AppleScript Editor. Right, the ASE code used `open "/users/dansherman/test.pdf"` > Make a separate call to open the file Very clever, I'll give that a shot!
  9. I started on a workflow to call PDFPenPro via applescript to run OCR on the selected files. I have an automator service that does it, but I like Alfred better. The problem I'm having is that PDFPen refuses to open the file because it doesn't have permission. I checked with their support people, and they said that since the script works in AppleScript Editor and Automator, it must be an Alfred problem... Here is the code. For testing purposes the file action only accepts one file, but if I can get that to work I'll add support for multiple files. on alfred_script(q) tell application "PDFpenPro 6" open q tell document 1 ocr repeat while performing ocr delay 1 end repeat delay 1 close with saving end tell end tell end alfred_script It is currently in an NSAppleScript action, but I've tried it as a /bin/osascript too. Even using /bin/bash or /bin/python to pass the query to a standalone script (using argv) come up with the same error, so does using osascript from the terminal. Thoughts?
  10. Good catch, I'll throw it in.
  11. So it returns some results, but doesn't let you act on them?
  12. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgse5l1u12xeqse/Pinboard%20Tools.alfredworkflow Yet another script to search Pinboard. It uses the web search, instead of a local cache, so it's not quite as fast, but it is always up to date. It only runs the search for query lengths of 4 or more to try to be more efficient. Use "pins set {username}" to set your username, and "pins {query}" to search for bookmarks. Because it doesn't store any login information or cookies, it only searches your public bookmarks. It works fine for me, but let me know if you run into any issues. Edit: 2013-03-21 - Included BeautifulSoup, should work for people who don't have it installed on their machines.
  13. Maciej said the pinboard API might be getting an overhaul soon (and that he might start charging devs for API access) - https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/pinboard-dev/PidYOmyBaxI As part of that overhaul, he'd like to make it easier to get bookmarks changed since `date`.
  14. It almost worked. I renamed "Mailplane 3.app" to "Mailplane.app", and tried the email file action. It popped up a new message, but didn't attach the file. I've got an applescript that does the trick in a file action workflow: on alfred_script(q) set Applescript's text item delimiters to tab set input to every text item of q tell application "Mailplane 3" set m to make new outgoing message tell m repeat with i from 1 to number of items in input set a_file to (item i of input) set file_name to a_file as rich text make new mail attachment with properties {path:file_name} end repeat end tell compose m end tell end alfred_script
×
×
  • Create New...