"Reduce Transparency" Workflow needed

Hi,

Due to a bug in the OS which has been around since 10.10, the "Reduce Transperency" setting in System Preferences>Accessability>Display does NOT stick.

After awhile it reverts back to its default uncheck state.

Rather than wait for a bug-fix which may never come, I'd settle for an Alfred Workflow, but I'm not skilled in the art and have no time.

$10 in a tip jar is someone could please help!

Would love to type RT and have the box checked.

Thank you,

Matthew

@mlondon Have you tried to work out whether there's anything on your Mac causing this preference to be reset? I've got "Reduce transparency" permanently checked on my Mac, and the checkbox has never unticked itself - so it's unlikely to be an OS X bug. 

It may make more sense to try to get to the bottom of why this happens on your Mac :)

Cheers,
Vero

9 hours ago, deanishe said:

This should do the trick.

Would it not be more useful to have a script that checks the setting every X minutes, and turns it on if it's off?

Thanks Dean. Just "bought you a beer" :-)

I suppose checking every x minutes would work, but what you made serves my purpose perfectly.

7 hours ago, Vero said:

@mlondon Have you tried to work out whether there's anything on your Mac causing this preference to be reset? I've got "Reduce transparency" permanently checked on my Mac, and the checkbox has never unticked itself - so it's unlikely to be an OS X bug. 

Longstanding bug which others have reported since Yosemite....