Alfred is unresponsive in tiled windows vew

jwir3

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Tile windows, either with a three-finger swipe upward on the mousepad, or by tapping the tile windows key.

2. Open alfred by pressing Command + Space (on my machine setup to replace the standard spotlight view).

3. Attempt to type into alfred

Expected Results:

- Either alfred won't come up in the tiled windows view, or it will come up, and typing/searching will be enabled.

Actual Results:

- Alfred comes up, but typing isn't available until the tiled windows are restored back to the normal operation of the machine (i.e. un-tile windows).

I can reproduce.

Also note that if you first open Alfred and then tile windows, Alfred will become invisible (but is still there and unresponsive) until you leave tile windows.

Edited by vitor

@jwir3 I have raised bugs with Apple, and used DTS with a few different iterations of macOS, and every time they have responded with "there is nothing you can do to avoid this without using private APIs". this.

I'll move it to 'noted', but for now, this is a known issue which you just have to press esc to work around.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

every time they have responded with "there is nothing you can do to avoid this without using private APIs".

Do they close the bug report after that, or do they leave it lingering? If you provide a copy of the bug report, I’ll gladly duplicate (presumably, they take duplicates seriously as more “votes” for something).