Streaks - manage tasks and their streaks

Streaks

streaks.gif.f0d8901cb1f8e9003a9f46a1a3f17ead.gif

\streaks2.gif.69567ea7ad0ca5646c627eb9ccc03951.gif

streaks3.gif.8b2f35eb2302ee37e54f68838f3237fe.gif

Streaks is a task list workflow for maintaining task streaks. A streak is the number of days a task has been active. 

Download

It can be used as todo list that helps you to maintain a desired habit, or to keep track of outstanding ideas.

The keyword to activate the workflow is streaks. Once activated, you will be show your Today List - this is a set of tasks that are active for today.

today.png.54bdedf7ba7afe0c51499cc603c3f5b9.png

Usage

Type streaks into Alfred to activate the workflow.

You will be presented with the Today List.

The general format of a task is 'task name #tags @schedule' where tags and schedule are optional.

You can type in text in the Today List, which allows you to create new tasks or search for existing ones.

You can also modify existing tasks by selecting them from the Today List view.

gym.png.75035c82e1086133c244f8bb3c4edfa8.png

Example use cases

Tracking Orders

I just ordered a keyboard from Amazon, and I add in a task.

keyboard #orders #pending

This is an example of a daily task whose streak is automatically incremented every day. 

Such tasks will always appear in your Today List

Gym Days

I decided to start going to the gym on specific days of the week.

go to gym @tu,th,sa

This is an example of a tracked task that requires you to confirm the task every scheduled day. In this example, go to gym will appear in your Today List every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Streaks for scheduled tasks will only be incremented when you confirm them.

If you missed to confirm a scheduled task, you can restart the streak by resetting it.

Edited by Benzi
  • 5 years later...
On 4/16/2017 at 3:30 PM, Benzi said:

Streaks

streaks.gif.f0d8901cb1f8e9003a9f46a1a3f17ead.gif

\streaks2.gif.69567ea7ad0ca5646c627eb9ccc03951.gif

streaks3.gif.8b2f35eb2302ee37e54f68838f3237fe.gif

Streaks is a task list workflow for maintaining task streaks. A streak is the number of days a task has been active. 

Download

It can be used as todo list that helps you to maintain a desired habit, or to keep track of outstanding ideas.

The keyword to activate the workflow is streaks. Once activated, you will be show your Today List - this is a set of tasks that are active for today.

today.png.54bdedf7ba7afe0c51499cc603c3f5b9.png

Usage

Type streaks into Alfred to activate the workflow.

You will be presented with the Today List.

The general format of a task is 'task name #tags @schedule' where tags and schedule are optional.

You can type in text in the Today List, which allows you to create new tasks or search for existing ones.

You can also modify existing tasks by selecting them from the Today List view.

gym.png.75035c82e1086133c244f8bb3c4edfa8.png

Example use cases

Tracking Orders

I just ordered a keyboard from Amazon, and I add in a task.

keyboard #orders #pending

This is an example of a daily task whose streak is automatically incremented every day. 

Such tasks will always appear in your Today List

Gym Days

I decided to start going to the gym on specific days of the week.

go to gym @tu,th,sa

This is an example of a tracked task that requires you to confirm the task every scheduled day. In this example, go to gym will appear in your Today List every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Streaks for scheduled tasks will only be incremented when you confirm them.

If you missed to confirm a scheduled task, you can restart the streak by resetting it.

Great workflow.

Does it need an updated for Alfred 4?

I get following error message while resetting streaks:

{

"items" : [

{

"title" : "Reset task?",

"icon" : {

"path" : "alert.png"

},

"subtitle" : "Current streak of 21 days will be reset to 0 days",

"valid" : false

},

{

"title" : "Yes",

"arg" : "tell application \"Alfred 3\" to run trigger \"reset\" in workflow \"com.folded-paper.streaks\" with argument \"9B228C36-62A0-4C6F-80D3-2FD05D884C4C\"",

"path" : "reset.png"

}

},

{

"title" : "Cancel",

"arg" : "tell application \"Alfred 3\" to run trigger \"info\" in workflow \"com.folded-paper.streaks\" with argument \"9B228C36-62A0-4C6F-80D3-2FD05D884C4C\"",

"path" : "back.png"

}

}

]

}

2 hours ago, pankajsz said:

Does it need an updated for Alfred 4?

Yes. tell application "Alfred 3" should be updated to tell application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred". Unfortunately it’s a compiled Workflow and the source isn’t provided, so can’t submit a PR. It might work if you replace the streaks file inside the Workflow with the one inside this zip. Had to edit the binary directly in a hex editor; unsure if it will work, and there might be other outdated things.

2 hours ago, pankajsz said:

I get following error message while resetting streaks:

That’s not an error. It’s valid output for a Script Filter.

2 hours ago, vitor said:

Yes. tell application "Alfred 3" should be updated to tell application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred". Unfortunately it’s a compiled Workflow and the source isn’t provided, so can’t submit a PR. It might work if you replace the streaks file inside the Workflow with the one inside this zip. Had to edit the binary directly in a hex editor; unsure if it will work, and there might be other outdated things.

Streaks are not getting reset to zero even after selecting reset and confirming with yes. Hence I thought it is an error. Can you please check this functionality?

From all the workflows, how does one find out 

a) One using auto-updater

b) workflows that are working well -- some kind of testing

c) workflow used in last month or still installed

I have managed to find interesting workflows from this forums and amazed by great work (big thanks to @vitor@deanishe @giovanni, stuart Ryan, robb knight,  Arthur, Richard guay, Benzi, acidham, pennyworth, Lukas, xeric and more) . It has taught me new ways of dealing with some routine stuff.

3 hours ago, vitor said:

This is 2nd time I face issue with transfer.sh. Have tried 2-3 browsers. 

This site can’t be reached

The web page at https://transfer.sh/EMGBA4/streaks.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

44 minutes ago, pankajsz said:

Can you please check this functionality?

I cannot. Like I said, the source code for this is inaccessible. The change to the file might work but I can’t make big functionality changes.

45 minutes ago, pankajsz said:

how does one find out 

a) One using auto-updater

b) workflows that are working well -- some kind of testing

How do you find that out for any app? There’s no automated check you can perform because it depends on how the developer did it.

That said, there are a few immediate visible clues, like seeing a OneUpdater node. Even without that, the more recent a Workflow is, the likelier it has an auto-updater.

49 minutes ago, pankajsz said:

c) workflow used in last month or still installed

I’m not sure I understand the question. There’s no record of when a specific Workflow is used; to see what’s installed, look at the Workflows tab in Alfred Preferences.

41 minutes ago, pankajsz said:

This is 2nd time I face issue with transfer.sh.

Weird. Works fine for me. How about this one?

21 minutes ago, vitor said:

Are you trying to download it at work or while connected to a work VPN? They may be blocking websites.

Another iCloud link and a WeTransfer one.

If none of those work, pick a site that you know works for you and that can host files without an account, and I’ll send it that way.

Got the files this time. There was no VPN or blocking at my end.

With new file, I get following error message:

[17:16:29.267] Logging Started...

[17:16:40.371] Streaks[Keyword] Processing complete

[17:16:40.386] Streaks[Keyword] Passing output '' to Call External Trigger

[17:16:40.387] Streaks[External] Processing complete

[17:16:40.388] Streaks[External] Passing output '' to Script Filter

[17:16:40.413] Streaks[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

[17:16:41.186] Streaks[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[17:16:41.189] ERROR: Streaks[Script Filter] Code 11: Exited with error code but no message

Perhaps we have to leave this in absence of source files and response from original author. Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Looks like the source code for this is lost to time 🫤
  • I hex edited the streaks binary and got it to work with Alfred 5. I changed `Alfred 3` to `Alfred 5` from the hex editor.
  • An updated version (again, only works with Alfred 5) is available here. YMMV.
26 minutes ago, Benzi said:
  • Looks like the source code for this is lost to time 🫤
  • I hex edited the streaks binary and got it to work with Alfred 5. I changed `Alfred 3` to `Alfred 5` from the hex editor.
  • An updated version (again, only works with Alfred 5) is available here. YMMV.

Works great. thank you. I also upgraded to Alfred 5 with this.