Auto updated workflow

I am builing my first workflow that i wan tto make public available.

Therefor I need it to have an auto update function, because i want to be able to have extre features implemented in the future.

But, I am new to prgramming and github. But found an interesting article about this http://alfredworkflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user-manual/update.html

But I have no idea where to do this configuration shizzle:

Configuration

To use self-updating, you must pass a dict as the update_settings argument to Workflow. It musthave the key/value  pair github_slug, which is your username and the name of the workflow’s repo in the format username/reponame. The version number of the currently installed workflow must also be specified (see below). There are several ways to specify the version number of your workflow:

1. In Alfred 3, use the Workflow Version field in the workflow configuration sheet. This saves the version number in info.plist. Workflow will retrieve the version from the environment variables set by Alfred when it runs your workflow (or by parsing info.plist if not running in Alfred).
  2. By setting the version key in the update_settings dictionary.
  3. By saving a version file in your workflow’s root directory (alongside info.plist).

Anyone here that knows how to do this and can help me out?

That document is for Alfred-Workflow. It’s a popular python Alfred framework under active development, by @deanishe (taking the chance to ping him on this).

If you’re using python and that framework, that’s definitely the way to go. But it seems from your post that you may not be; that you already have the Workflow ready in some other way and just want to add auto-updating. That being the case, I’ll link you to OneUpdater as well (disclaimer: I made it) as I created it for that exact use-case.

Either one you pick will be fine. @deanishe and I are forum regulars, so we should be able to get you up and running. And again, if you’re using python definitely consider his solution first (naturally, I’ll leave the support of that one to him). I have no numbers on this, but I’d wager most python workflows are built with his framework — it’s that good. I’m not a pythonista and wanted only an auto-update solution that worked a bit differently (self-contained on a Workflow node) which is why OneUpdater exists at all, but you should use whatever solution is best for your case.

On another note, if you’re ever in need of other Workflow helpers and libraries, stop by the forum post for them. We try to keep it clean an up-to-date.