Path doesn't get open in an app

Here is the workflow I am trying to modify.

It is @vitor's workflow but I couldn't find a dedicated alfred post for it so I post here.

I wish to open a passed in path I get from this script filter to an application but it doesn't want to open for some reason. 

f5m5GTo.png 

This control modifier is what I want to get working. The passed in path seems to be in good shape as I tried to pass the output to clipboard to check. Not sure why it doesn't work. :( 

11 minutes ago, nikivi said:

It is @vitor's workflow but I couldn't find a dedicated alfred post for it so I post here.

All my released Workflows have forum postings. I have no ideia where you got that one from, but it looks very different from the original (RecentDownloads). The one you posted is a bit of a mess in comparison.

As to your problem, it seems to me like you were not paying much attention. All the information is there. You have it set up completely backwards.

MEPPgT5.png

I think you tend to rush a bit with these problems. Instead of immediately asking for help you may benefit from stepping back and looking at the problem again after a while. Maybe start over. That’s how one usually finds their own mistakes,

Edited by vitor

Oh wow, how did I not notice that. :( 

It just said 'default app' there as subtext and I didn't assume you have to do it in this way. But this works, thank you. I actually did try to step back and look at it before asking here.