Safari bookmark search

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@dimsav:   The reason I like using this workflow rather than the default, is because then I am able to choose to search my bookmarks (and/or history) only when I need to, rather than having all my bookmarks come every time I type text into Alfred.  Makes things less congested for me personally.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to make alfred just show my safari history when I type the search in without using the keyword? I find alfred severally limited by not able to open my frequently visited sites. And I don't mean bookmarks, there are plenty of sites that I don't bookmark but visit a few times a week. And I love to be able to type it into alfred and have it launch the browser. 

You can drag the history metadata type into Alfred's Features > Default Results > Advanced prefs, but this is definitely not recommended as it saturates Alfred's default results.

• 1 year later...

I've just thrown together a little workflow for you:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6749767/Alfred/Workflows/Search%20Safari.alfredworkflow

Use 'sb' to search safari bookmarks and 'sh' to search safari history. Take a look at the search scopes set for each type which is where I found the files to drag into the 'types' field :)

Thanks! I liked this. But is it possible to make it open in a new window instead?