Reducing, centralizing, and combining commands

I would like to

• A: Select specific fallback searches to automatically trigger in the default search
  • B: Trigger and view the results of simultaneous script filters

These features are not hard to implement, but performance concerns have been raised. I'm asking for increased customization on a lower level. I think all of us would benefit a ton from the ability to creatively integrate all of our workflows in a more personalized way.

Here's a similar request that was made (if there are any more let me know so I can add it):

@Andrew and @deanishe had some great proposals in the original thread:

@Andrew

You can already create a workflow and attach it to an input filter (such as a file filter, script filter etc). At this point, it's a 1 to 1 mapping for hotkey to input filter. If there was interest, I'd look at enhancing this so that one hotkey could connect to multiple input filters, and results from all filters would be shown. This would essentially allow you to build a workflow which shows a custom version of Alfred with the specific, highly customised results you'd like.

@deanishe

Connecting a Hotkey to multiple inputs isn't a bad idea, but it would make more sense, imo, to implement multiple inputs at a lower level, ideally allowing workflows to fetch results (or better yet, arbitrary data) from other workflows.

At the very least, combined inputs should work with a keyword, too.

Link to my last request

Edited by matthew16

As I was skimming them, "New Fallbacks option to show fallback searches in default results, even when there are results" caught my eye. I'm super happy with this feature, thank you. But can we also optionally trigger some of these fallbacks and not just list them?

• 5 months later...
On 04/10/2017 at 1:03 AM, matthew16 said:

As I was skimming them, "New Fallbacks option to show fallback searches in default results, even when there are results" caught my eye. I'm super happy with this feature, thank you. But can we also optionally trigger some of these fallbacks and not just list them?

This would be awesome