snippets pasting twice

@jweinstein Welcome to the forum! 

Please take a look at this thread where the recent double-pasting issue seems to be down to a workflow force-launching a second instance of Alfred:

First, launch Activity Monitor and quit any duplicate of Alfred running.

Next, check your workflows and if you're using one of the two Emoji workflows (or seemingly another workflow built using the Alfy library by @sindresorhus), please disable it and let the workflow creator know.

If the above isn't the issue, please ensure you don't have another text expansion app running concurrently (e.g. Text Expander or macOS' own text expansion) with the same keywords.

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm seeing one and a bit snippets expanded eg. today's date comes out as 19/019/07/2021. It isn't two copies of Alfred, I've tried the Key Repeat Off and Key Repeat slower which don't work and I don't have another expander working on the same text. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated?

@PaulH Could you please provide the contents of your snippet?

If you change the keyword for the snippet, does the issue resolve itself? If so, it's likely you've created the same snippet in another app (e.g. Apple's own text expansion?) so please double-check whether you've got more than one text expander running :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 month later...

I was getting the same issue with the snippet posting double and none of the resolutions above helped.  What I found was I had the app downloaded to my PC as well as the browser extension, since the browser extension doesn't allow a lot of account changes.  I just needed to disable expansion in the app since I use it mostly in cloud apps through the browser. 

I hope this helps someone else.

Luigi

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, roestuff said:

The solution is to turn off your keyboard settings for Key Repeat.  This is found in the systems preferences pane.   If set too fast,  the error discussed will occur repeatedly.

This solution absolutely fixed the problem for me. Thank you for this tip! It was happening on the latest version of Alfred 5 (as of 3/20/2023). I was using Typinator, which is a FANTASTIC text expansion app, but I like having the feature in Alfred 5 just to have less apps on my Mac that only do one thing. Now if the devs can only simplify creating a popup list of snippets, rather than using a clumsy workflow! The workflow DOES work, but it has to be the most unintuitive setup of any feature in Alfred.

Edited by jamesharrisphoto
rewording a section for clarity