Alfred Markdown Notes

Ok, I think I found some additional unicode-related bugs.

1) Filename "Planificación status.md"

Alfred "mds planificacion" does NOT find that file,  but did find other files that have the "planificacion" word (without accents) inside the note

Alfred "mds planificación" didn't find any files!

Alfred "mds planificaci" found all files, with and without accents.

2) Tag with accents don't work well "#PlanificaciónEstratégica"

Alfred "md#planif" shows a hit of "planificacio" tag (does NOT exist) and after pressing enter no notes are shown

Alfred "md#planificació" shows hits of "planificación" (does NOT exist) and "planificaciónestrate" (does NOT exist) , after pressing enter on either no notes are shown

Alfred "md#planificaciónestratégica" shows  "planificaciónestratégica" (does exist), after pressing enter no notes are shown

You can replicate my adding the attached MD file: https://www.dropbox.com/t/GLIPNt6Pu5tk1MJ9

BTW If you bear with me learning, I would happily invest time in suggesting code to fix these problems, but I need to know where to start. I'm overwhelmed by this unicode hell hehe.

This workflow has been fantastic. Its fast, and has already changed how I do things. 

I've been interested in the zettelkasten filing method and have been tying to find a way to prefix the {date} to the name of the file when its being created, specifically "YYYYddmmHHMM". So that when you input for {title}, title="{date}(input).md."

This isn't an issue, just curious if you have any thoughts. Im still very new with python. And thanks! Its definitely becoming one of my favorite workflows. Gonna try out your alfred-vscode repository next.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, pdazero said:

Ok, I think I found some additional unicode-related bugs.

@Acidham thank you for your continued development on this superb workflow ! I update the bugs above in 3.0.0:

1) Filename "Planificación status.md"

Alfred "mds planificación" didn't find any files!

Partially fixed. Now it finds exact "planificación" matches on filenames, but did not find matches inside note files.

2) Tag with accents don't work well "#PlanificaciónEstratégica"

Alfred "md#planif" shows a hit of "planificacio" tag (does NOT exist) and after pressing enter no notes are shown

This is fixed, and shows both tags "#planificación" and "#planificaciónestratégica"

Alfred "md#planificació" shows hits of "planificación" (does NOT exist) and "planificaciónestrate" (does NOT exist) , after pressing enter on either no notes are shown

New behavior: Alfred "md#planificació" does not show any hits, but should show the same hits as "md#planif".

Alfred "md#planificaciónestratégica" shows  "planificaciónestratégica" (does exist), after pressing enter no notes are shown

New behavior: Alfred "md#planificación" and "md#planificaciónestratégica", same problem, no hits whatsoever.

Thanks !

6 hours ago, infinite_okay said:

I've been interested in the zettelkasten filing method and have been tying to find a way to prefix the {date} to the name of the file when its being created, specifically "YYYYddmmHHMM". So that when you input for {title}, title="{date}(input).md."

I did a small hack to this alfred-note workflow (scroll back a few posts and you'll see  it), but the code is deleted every time the workflow is updated. What I use now is a keyboard maestro macro that paste the current ZettelID, so I do Alfred "mdc (key combo) title bla bla" and I get proper zettel filename.

1 hour ago, pdazero said:

I did a small hack to this alfred-note workflow (scroll back a few posts and you'll see  it), but the code is deleted every time the workflow is updated. What I use now is a keyboard maestro macro that paste the current ZettelID, so I do Alfred "mdc (key combo) title bla bla" and I get proper zettel filename.

Hey, good idea! 

1 hour ago, Acidham said:

@pdazero My first prio was to upgrade to Python 3 which I released now. I will look into your issues afterwards. I am thinking of implementing custom note title patterns similar to the data format setting. But for now you need to live with your hack or maestro script, sry. 

I'll be fine with a hack for until then. Thanks!

Hi! New Alfred user, so sorry if this is a silly question! I downloaded the workflow and didn't change any of the default settings, except I set a filepath. However, when I try to run it on alfred, I get this error message. Am I missing something?

[07:53:36.606] Logging Started...

[07:53:40.753] Markdown Notes[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''

[07:53:40.827] Markdown Notes[Script Filter] Script with argv '' finished

[07:53:40.831] ERROR: Markdown Notes[Script Filter] Code 127: env: python3: No such file or directory

• 2 months later...

Pardon my silly question.

If I understand correctly, when I activate Alfred and type `mdc`, I'm supposed to see a drop-down list of my templates inside the notes folder. From that list, I can select the template to create a note from.

But I see none. All I can do is to type note title, enter, and then get a new note created from the default template.

Edited by Luddite

When you would like to use custom templates you need to :

1. define template_tag in config  e.g. #MyTemplate

2. Create a Template by simply create a md note and add #MyTemplate to the list of tags...save

3. Type `mdc` And you will see a list of your custom templates containing #MyTemplate

See also README.md to learn how to use Templates

hope that helps...

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello :)

First, thank you so much for this workflow, which has made working with my files so much easier. 

I was wondering if it was possible to change the indicator for what a tag is? Currently, tags are written <#tag>, and I would like to change that to <@tag>.

Since Typora isn't available on iOS/iPadOS, I'm trying Notebooks app on the mobile devices (yes, I have tried and discarded every other tool, for various reasons), and Notebooks app renders tags with the hash as headings. That's why I'd like to use the at-sign instead, as that would then still allow me to use Alfred+this workflow on the Mac, and on my mobile devices Notebooks wouldn't choke on the hash-sign anymore.

I looked through the workflow, but I'm no programmer and I couldn't find a way to simply redefine the symbol. If that would be possible in any way, I'd really appreciate a tip on how to accomplish that.

Thanks!

I am using 1Writer on ios which does what you are looking for.

the only thing is you need to point md_notes path in md notes on hour mac to 1Writer icloud path. 1writer will render all tags similar to typora.

hope that helps …

Edited by Acidham