Send currently selected item to Alfred

14 hours ago, deanishe said:

You can add your own File Actions. Making a "New Directory with Items" one would be fairly straightforward.

It's probably straightforward for guru such as yourself but poor Joe like me can't even do simple scripting, LOL..

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is getting old, but I'll give it a try anyway...

I have been trying to modify your workflow to fit my humble needs 😉

I use Path Finder mostly, and I would really like if it was possible to startup IINA (MediaPlayer) with a shortcut which then gives IINA the path which is currently selected or if multiple paths, feeds it that...  it is possible to do this just by right-clicking and and opening it from Path Finder...

The annoying thing is that if you right-click something which is not a IINA known format or a folder, you have to go via "Open With" -> "Applications" ->"IINA"... 

Would be great if one could just short-cut this and startup IINA with whatever selected in the current Path Finder window...

I managed to get the Shortcut to work so IINA now starts up, but not sure how to tell it to use the selected stuff in PF for input?

Maybe I need a script for this?

Any help is would be great!

/Beardmann

45 minutes ago, Beardmann said:

Would be great if one could just short-cut this and startup IINA with whatever selected in the current Path Finder window...

Why can't you just use a regular Alfred Hotkey with "Current Selection" and connect that to an Open Files action set to IINA?

Thanks for the quick reply deanishe.

Your solution sounds much better, only thing is that this is pretty much my first rodeo 🙂

So I was actually writing a message to you with some questions... because I didn't know what to put in the input part of the "Open File" action...

I have realised that I needed to use the "Selection in MacOS" as the Hotkey argument, and it was then passed on the the "Open File" object...

So thank you very much, I am a very happy camper now 😉

/Beardmann