deanishe

Alfred has limited length for alfred:// URL scheme [Improved 4.0.4 b1098 pre-release]

Posted (edited)

Alfred 4.0.3 [1092]

When pasting an alfred://customsearch/... URL into Alfred's query box, my fallback searches appear.

IMO, Alfred should offer to open (i.e. install) such URLs. It's tricky to do otherwise (you can't paste them in Safari's URL bar, though I'm sure that used to work).

EDIT: Tell a lie. Both Alfred and Safari fundamentally accept the alfred:// scheme. They just don't like some of the URLs Alfred generates.

I will investigate further.

Edited by deanishe

@deanishe If I paste in a URL created from the "Copy URL for sharing" sheet of a custom url, Alfred offers to install it.

Can you find a situation or configuration where this isn't happening? I'll take a look at fixing it as this should work.

Posted (edited)

Alfred doesn't recognise any URL over 500 characters in length as a URL. I've tested with alfred: and http(s):// URLs.

Edited by deanishe

@deanishe Hmm, looking into this, I had set an arbitrary limit many years ago. This may have been to work around an old macOS (performance?) bug, but I don't seem to have logged why I set this limit.

I'm going to increase it to 4096 for now, and add a ticket to do some proper investigation into this.

Cheers,

Andrew