After upgraded to Catalina, applications show from "/System/Volumes/Data/Applications" instead of "/Applications"

pzgz

After upgraded to Catalina, I noticed the applications were listed from  "/System/Volumes/Data/Applications" instead of "/Applications". I tried "reload" command but no luck. Also reindex the whole mac still get same issue. I knew it's changes from underlying system of macOS. Anyway to workaround this? Or we need to wait for Alfred to fix this? 

@pzgz First, make sure you're using Alfred 4.0.4.

Next, take a look at Alfred's Features > Default Results; Make sure the checkbox for "macOS Applications" above the large Search Scope box is ticked. This will ensure that apps from all standard locations in Catalina are included.

Once you've done this, type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the app cache :)

Cheers,
Vero

1 hour ago, Vero said:

@pzgz First, make sure you're using Alfred 4.0.4.

Next, take a look at Alfred's Features > Default Results; Make sure the checkbox for "macOS Applications" above the large Search Scope box is ticked. This will ensure that apps from all standard locations in Catalina are included.

Once you've done this, type "reload" into Alfred to refresh the app cache :)

Cheers,
Vero

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I am actually using v4.0.5 pre-release. And I confirm that checkbox was checked. Also reload the cache. But still get same result, check following screenshot

WX20190925-200321@2x.png

@pzgz I've just updated to the latest Catalina beta and I'm seeing the same thing. 

We won't fix anything for now, as things have constantly changed in Catalina, so we'll hold off for a final build. At that stage, we'll work around this issue if it's still present.

For what it's worth, the path that's being listed there is the actual location of the applications now, and it's what's being passed in to Alfred. 

Cheers,
Vero

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue but my preferences and workflows are all gone. I've gone back into time machine and can't find them so I may be looking in the wrong place? in Time Machine, before Catalina installation, where would I find Alfred 4 installed with my previous workflows, etc?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Zyrophr said:

Quick fix for this if you still haven't found one, just type "reload" into Alfred :)

That actually made it worse for me. Now I get apps in /System/Volumes/Data/Applications but NOT in the regular /Applications folder.

6 minutes ago, swilcox said:

That actually made it worse for me. Now I get apps in /System/Volumes/Data/Applications but NOT in the regular /Applications folder.

I should add that I meant "worse" only in the visual sense. Everything works just fine of course (thanks Vero for pointing that this is now the actual location of the applications).

2 hours ago, swilcox said:

This is now the actual location of apps in Catalina. Andrew is planning on adding a bit of logic to be able to show the virtual locations of the apps (/Applications/.../) in a future release

Cheers,
Vero