iTerm 2 Clipboard Merging bug

thiagoaraujos

Hi,

I am experiencing a bug when copying text in iTerm 2. When I select some text and press "Cmd + c", it merges the text into the clipboard - but it should only merge when double tapping "c". In Terminal.app that doesn't happen, so I suppose that's a very specific bug and annoying bug (because I end up pasting undesirable text). I don't know wether it's a particular iTerm 2 setting that's causing a conflict. The bug is present in Alfred v1 too.

I'm a heavy iTerm 2 user, so that is reason enough for me to disable the feature.

Hi,

I am experiencing a bug when copying text in iTerm 2. When I select some text and press "Cmd + c", it merges the text into the clipboard - but it should only merge when double tapping "c". In Terminal.app that doesn't happen, so I suppose that's a very specific bug and annoying bug (because I end up pasting undesirable text). I don't know wether it's a particular iTerm 2 setting that's causing a conflict. The bug is present in Alfred v1 too.

I'm a heavy iTerm 2 user, so that is reason enough for me to disable the feature.

If I remember correctly, I believe this is a setting in iTerm2 which copies the text when selecting it (without having to use cmd+c), so by you using cmd+c, you are effectively copying by selecting and copying by cmd+c, so this is merging.

Either don't use cmd+c after selecting the text in iTerm2 (as it is copied anyway), or disable copy on selecting in iTerm 2

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, I believe this is a setting in iTerm2 which copies the text when selecting it (without having to use cmd+c), so by you using cmd+c, you are effectively copying by selecting and copying by cmd+c, so this is merging.

Either don't use cmd+c after selecting the text in iTerm2 (as it is copied anyway), or disable copy on selecting in iTerm 2

I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but I've never been able to use the clipboard merging feature, because the instant I press the first "c" while holding the "cmd" key, alfred clipboard window disappears leaving me with the same clipboard contents - it's like it's trying to copy the last item from clipboard, because "cmd+c" is for copy, so the second "c" never gets caught :((

I don't understand why this is happening, and I really needed this feature.. my advice would be to let us set the key combination for merging, or at least change the letter from "c" to something else, because it conflicts with MacOS's "cmd+c" copy command :(

I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but I've never been able to use the clipboard merging feature, because the instant I press the first "c" while holding the "cmd" key, alfred clipboard window disappears leaving me with the same clipboard contents - it's like it's trying to copy the last item from clipboard, because "cmd+c" is for copy, so the second "c" never gets caught :(

The clipboard merging isn't done in Alfred's clipboard merge window, it's done in any application, e.g. this web page. Select some text here and use cmd+c, then select some more text and type cmd+c+c and it will merge it in Alfred's history to the first text :)

The clipboard merging isn't done in Alfred's clipboard merge window, it's done in any application, e.g. this web page. Select some text here and use cmd+c, then select some more text and type cmd+c+c and it will merge it in Alfred's history to the first text :)

My god, I just had a moment of deep dumbness right now :D You've just put a big "L" on my forehead :P Thanks for making it clear!