Characters of workflow snippet trigger remain

I created a few workflows that use snippet triggers to compile some formulaic emails. The workflows work like a charm, leading me through several multiple choice steps before compiling the email text and pasting it into my active window. However the workflow does not remove the snippet that triggered it, e.g '.welcome' in the below example. What am I missing?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.cd3030fe37f2dfe4787b957605fd2877.png

Alfred is supposed to always remove the keyword for you. Does this only happen in some applications, or all of them?

What's most likely happening is that Alfred is firing simulated keypresses faster than the app you're inserting the snippet into can handle them.

Try going to Alfred Preferences > Features > Snippets > Auto Expansion Options > Tweaking, and reducing the simulated key event speed.

@kevinrohrbach If you use a standard snippet from the Features > Snippets section in TextEdit (the simplest native app), does your snippet keyword disappear? This will help establish where the issue is, and whether you still need to grant Alfred Accessibility in the macOS permissions.

Cheers,
Vero

20 minutes ago, Vero said:

@kevinrohrbach If you use a standard snippet from the Features > Snippets section in TextEdit (the simplest native app), does your snippet keyword disappear? This will help establish where the issue is, and whether you still need to grant Alfred Accessibility in the macOS permissions.

Cheers,
Vero

Thanks for your reply. This only happens with workflows. Snippets work fine

2 hours ago, deanishe said:

Alfred is supposed to always remove the keyword for you. Does this only happen in some applications, or all of them?

What's most likely happening is that Alfred is firing simulated keypresses faster than the app you're inserting the snippet into can handle them.

Try going to Alfred Preferences > Features > Snippets > Auto Expansion Options > Tweaking, and reducing the simulated key event speed.

Tweaking the expansion speed solved the issue. Thanks!