Snippet expansion in Safari

Alfred 4.3.3 on Big Sur 11.2.3 - Safari 14.0.3

Text (snippet) expansion is buggy in Safari, in MOST but not all websites. It works fine everywhere else. 

Here's video.

I'm entering the same snippet - trigger word is "dd", expansion mid-string is disabled, the text to expand is:

"Dobrý den,

"

The expansion is buggy in Gmail, Twitter, Messenger and most other websites but NOT, for example, this very form. It shouldn't be caused by content blockers as those are disabled for said websites.

Any clues? Thanks.

@Stooovie Alfred's snippet expansion isn't buggy, since you can see that it's working normally elsewhere.

What you're seeing is your browser being too slow at responding to the snippet keyword being removed; You can adjust the speed of the simulated key events to be slower here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/snippets/advanced/

Having said that, please do check what browser plugins or third-party tools you have that may be slowing down Safari (e.g. Grammarly?), as I have the same version of Safari, Big Sur and Alfred, and use text expansion in Gmail hundreds of times a day and snippet keywords disappear as expected 100% of the time. 

Cheers,
Vero

The thing is, this issue did not appear after an update to MacOS or Safari, it started to appear after the latest update to Alfred. It was rock solid before. I have these Safari Extensions: AdGuard, Dark Reader and Hush. Dark Reader is the closest thing that could interfere but doesn't.

Slowing down of the simulated keypresses helps somewhat. The issue seems to come and go. It's also a bit wonky - the expanded text contains two enters to make a paragraph, sometimes these expand properly, sometimes not.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have disabled all Safari extensions and set the expansion speed to Slowest, yet the expansions is still wonky. It mostly doesn't expand the Enters (carriage returns - sometimes it expands one, sometimes both, sometimes none), whereas in all other apps, it does every time.

Edited by Stooovie
18 minutes ago, Stooovie said:

Slowing down of the simulated keypresses helps somewhat. The issue seems to come and go. It's also a bit wonky - the expanded text contains two enters to make a paragraph, sometimes these expand properly, sometimes not.

Which websites specifically does this occur in? 

In my experience, Gmail has been stable and has absolutely no issue with snippets, but if Google is experimenting and presenting you with a more Google-Docs style message editor, you may be seeing the same issue we've seen in Google Docs where the text is manipulated upon pasting, resulting in returns not always being correct.

Unfortunately, if that's what you're experiencing, it's down to the editor in your browser manipulating the content Alfred is pasting, as Alfred pastes the same text regardless of the destination. What you see pasted in a simple non-interfering editor like TextEdit is the same thing Alfred pastes in your browser.

Cheers,
Vero

Mostly Gmail - in here, in roughly 60 % I get the undesired result. I have this editor (attachment). 

Weirdly, Google Docs is fine. The bug from the OP where the trigger keystrokes remained in the expanded text is gone after disabling and reenabling Safari extensions (weird but true). 

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 16.43.41.jpg

• Andrew changed the title to Snippet expansion in Safari