3 hours ago, Chris Messina said:

Which version of macOS are you on? 

On Sonoma, when I attempted to use the workflow, I was shown this permission dialog and accepted the request, and it worked fine.

Perhaps there's a permission issue?

image.thumb.png.48743f7017b600322d4e84c6e7c25f72.png

I am on Sonoma 14.0 and this was working before not sure why it stopped. Is there a way to reset that permission because I am not getting that pop up. Is it supposed to list Cleanshot X under Privacy > Automations in System Preferences?

For those here who are having difficulties with the workflow the subject of the thread I have published on GitHub a doubtless rather more basic CleanShot X workflow which works with CleanShot X 4.4 and higher, works on macOS Sonoma and with Alfred 5. It may not be so sophisticated as the original the subject of this thread and simply uses the CleanShot X URL scheme. I apologise to the original author for intruding with a different version.

Usage
Run the workflow by typing the default keyword followed by <space> for a list of the various CleanShot X utilities you can trigger from the workflow:
CS.thumb.png.2f34bae9f55eeca0161bb1b8a1bedea2.png

You can also type your default keyword without following it by <space> to launch or quit CleanShot (i.e., in that case the keyword works as a toggle).

Stephen

16 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

For those here who are having difficulties with the workflow the subject of the thread I have published on GitHub a doubtless rather more basic CleanShot X workflow which works with CleanShot X 4.4 and higher, works on macOS Sonoma and with Alfred 5. It may not be so sophisticated as the original the subject of this thread and simply uses the CleanShot X URL scheme. I apologise to the original author for intruding with a different version.

Usage
Run the workflow by typing the default keyword followed by <space> for a list of the various CleanShot X utilities you can trigger from the workflow:
CS.thumb.png.2f34bae9f55eeca0161bb1b8a1bedea2.png

You can also type your default keyword without following it by <space> to launch or quit CleanShot (i.e., in that case the keyword works as a toggle).

Stephen

I tried this as well but it works for the first time and then when I try to use same command again, it doesn’t launch. Tried reindexing as well. 

6 hours ago, json12 said:

I tried this as well but it works for the first time and then when I try to use same command again, it doesn’t launch.

Please run the workflow using the debugger and when the workflow fails copy the output of the debugger and paste it into a post in this thread so that we can see what is happening.

It does sound to me as though you may have some permissions issue with CleanShot X. If you go to System Settings → Privacy and Security → Screen Recording is CleanShot X listed and enabled?

Stephen

12 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

Please run the workflow using the debugger and when the workflow fails copy the output of the debugger and paste it into a post in this thread so that we can see what is happening.

It does sound to me as though you may have some permissions issue with CleanShot X. If you go to System Settings → Privacy and Security → Screen Recording is CleanShot X listed and enabled?

Stephen

Here is log from Debugger:

[13:18:08.364] Logging Started...
[13:18:42.090] CleanShot[List Filter] Processing complete
[13:18:42.095] CleanShot[List Filter] Passing output 'cleanshot://capture-area' to Open URL
[13:18:52.492] CleanShot[List Filter] Processing complete
[13:18:52.501] CleanShot[List Filter] Passing output 'cleanshot://capture-fullscreen' to Open URL

CleanShot X is listed under Screen Recording. And just to confirm, other workflows that require app actions are working (eg. "Clean App" to uninstall using App Cleaner.)

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 13.20.20.jpg

Edited by json12

Thanks for the additional information. Sorry to ask an obvious question, but when you run, for example, Area Capture, are you quite sure you're not seeing on screen the CleanShot crosshairs? They're not always that easy to see, especially when using dark mode.

Aside from that I'm afraid I really don't know why it's not working for you as it's a very simple workflow. You might just confirm here your versions of CleanShot and Alfred (I've already noticed you're using macOS Sonoma).

Stephen

3 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

Thanks for the additional information. Sorry to ask an obvious question, but when you run, for example, Area Capture, are you quite sure you're not seeing on screen the CleanShot crosshairs? They're not always that easy to see, especially when using dark mode.

Aside from that I'm afraid I really don't know why it's not working for you as it's a very simple workflow. You might just confirm here your versions of CleanShot and Alfred (I've already noticed you're using macOS Sonoma).

Stephen

I'm certain it's not showing... This is really strange since it was working before. Oh well I'll follow this thread incase someone else wants me to try anything else. Thank you @Stephen_C

3 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

I have published version 1.1 of my workflow on GitHub. I have updated the programming of the URL action. It should now prompt to allow Alfred to automate CleanShot X. @json12 you might try this version to see if it helps with your problem.

Stephen

This fixed it! Got the popup to allow/deny and once I clicked "Allow", it now works! Back in business. Can't thank you enough mate! Appreciate all the help.

EDIT: Went back and tested workflow from OP (Mr. Pennyworth) and that also works now so it was definitely a permissions issue on my end.

Edited by json12
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, for anyone struggling with this workflow where it seemed like the issue was just that the CleanShot X URL schemes weren't working:

In the CleanShot X  Settings... > Advanced, there's an API section with an Allow Applications to control CleanShot option that needs to be turned ON for URL schemes to work.

This might be automatically turned ON when you are prompted by the Alfred workflow for access, but I'm not sure.

cleanshot-pref.thumb.png.630d913e9e3b06d3307af1053e841448.png