Are Shortcuts going to replace the heavy lifting of Alfred workflows in the future?

My vision is that this forum is going to become a MacOS shortcut sharing Community that work with Alfred. 

Sure it will still require to have some of the Alfred Workflows as well like a bridge between the two apps, but it might be easier as the concept will always be almost the same: Give input get output.

Which could mean that there will be more ideas and workflows made by non-coders.

I'm just wondering what do you guys think about that? Also Shortcuts are now actually somewhat scriptable in the latest beta. 

Edited by choc
16 hours ago, choc said:

the concept will always be almost the same: Give input get output.

That too reductionist, to the point it’s true for literally every automation technology. Alfred doesn't just go from point A to point B—it has conditionals, multiple paths of action, and it doesn’t just give you an output, it shows you results which you can then operate on.

16 hours ago, choc said:

My vision is that this forum is going to become a MacOS shortcut sharing Community that work with Alfred. 

I doubt it. A Workflow that just calls a Shortcut won’t have much value, and there are plenty of Shortcut-sharing communities already.