Search for Nintendo switch game prices by country

• jopemachine changed the title to Search for Nintendo switch game prices by country
6 hours ago, deanishe said:

What currency is "EN"?

EN is country code, and currency is the currency unit of the country, "EN" (which is dollar).

It is used in url (API) of eshop-prices.com.

Looking it again, I think maybe 'country' or 'country code' better fits as variable name more than currency.

1 hour ago, jopemachine said:

EN is country code, and currency is the currency unit of the country, "EN" (which is dollar).

Looking it again, I think maybe 'country' or 'country code' better fits as variable name more than currency.

I changed the variable name to `countryCode` in alfred-nintendo-switch-price-compare@0.1.2

2 hours ago, jopemachine said:

There’s no two-letter EN country code in the standard, and if there were I doubt it would refer to the USA (much more likely it would be England, thus use £ / GBP). Calling the variable a country code is as confusing as calling it currency. Keep in mind that even “dollar” isn’t a single thing, other countries use different dollars with different values.

I understand that two-letter code may be what they use in their (private?) API, but if it’s this confusing it might be worth having a way to clear it up, like a note or table in the About section.

This Workflow looks pretty useful for those who have a Switch. If picking a currency anyway, why not have it show directly in the initial list of results?

Edited by vitor
3 hours ago, jopemachine said:

The value in the URL is currency, and that’s what you should call the variable.

Looking at the site, "EN" isn't actually a valid value. It redirects to "GBP", which is the currency code for pounds sterling, not any kind of dollar.

Edited by deanishe
1 hour ago, deanishe said:

Looking at the site, "EN" isn't actually a valid value. It redirects to "GBP", which is the currency code for pounds sterling, not any kind of dollar.

Thanks for pointing it out. I really appreciate it.

I think I need to do a little more work about this.

2 hours ago, deanishe said:

I've never noticed the value is totally wrong..

In 0.1.3, I changed the variable name to currency back again.

And I specified possible variable names table in Github readme.

Thanks for your comments again :)

Edited by jopemachine