Large Type not fading

johnhamill

@johnhamill I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your Large Type in your workflow, but you have the fade set to "Very fast". If you slow it down, you should get the effect you're looking for.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 17.20.16.png

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're looking to achieve. 

Cheers,
Vero

Nothing happens at all no matter what you set the fade to be.

I would expect it to show the message and then slowly fade from the screen. I have to manually press escape to clear the message from the screen.

This isn't a big deal. I was just reporting what I thought might be a bug. Being a good web citizen 🙂

@johnhamill That's not what slow/fast fade is; It sets the speed at which the Large Type appears. Once shown, it won't be dismissed and fade away on its own, and will remain there until you click away or press escape.

"Nothing happens at all" is not a particularly descriptive response, so do you mean that the Large Type never pops up, or that it doesn't fade away in the way you want it to? I've tested your workflow and Large Type appears with the fixed text "Follow with (Alt-S) macro".

Happy to help you with your workflow if you let me know what you're seeing vs what you're expecting in a bit more details :)

Cheers,
Vero

My bad! I work with video editing quite a lot and I assumed that fade very slow meant "fade out" very slow like a video fade out. I have downloaded the example workflows and I can now see how it works.

Thanks for your help and apologies for "my assumption".